INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Still Have Audio Stutter  (Read 1170 times)

rmiller66

• Recent member
DLNA Still Have Audio Stutter
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

I have posted a couple of messages on this support forum about the DLNA server having difficulty with streaming to a Sony BDP_S370 Blue Ray Player. I see the server, I can select from all the files. I can watch the video for a bit. Then, the Audio will start to stutter and the file becomes unwatchable. I have tried many different file types and containers.

Files that used to work fine with older versions, now will not play smoothly.

I bought and paid for this server specifically to stream to my player, it did work. Now it does not. I have a suspicion its the FFDSHOW (FFMPEG) encoder version, but I could be wrong.

I am happy to go back to the version that worked. If I could figure out which one that was. I believe I started with version 15, but it could have been 16. I am sure the sponsors of this board could check.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DLNA Still Have Audio Stutter
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »

Hi - I'm not going to be much help except to say I too have seen issues with the transcoding engine used by MC at present, for what I can tell, MC is now using the "ffdshow.ax" filter in the Plugins/ffdshow directory and no longer the separate "ffmpeg.exe" in the Plugins/ffmpeg directory.  I know the "Bob" who is normally all over this stuff is away on Holidays at present.
JRiver CEO Elect

vicini

• World Citizen
Re: DLNA Still Have Audio Stutter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:11 am »

Not to be the sour apple here, but don't jump to conclusions of it being software related. I for one have not had any issue's.
I'd suggest describing your setup. There can be many reasons as to why it isn't working.
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up