INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D View Enhancement  (Read 1243 times)

LeoH

• World Citizen
3D View Enhancement
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:40:08 pm »

I have been experimenting with the 3D view and it works very well with pre-filtered album groups such as: popular or jazz music by period (e.g. "60's Jazz") or when one types "Miles Davis" in the search window for another example. However, when applied to classical, it almost works but not quite as album & track information seems to be all one can see in this view mode and this information is often incomplete for findings specific classical pieces.

However, the fix could be simple. I would like to suggest adding an info bubble pop-up that would appear after one spins a desired album around in 3D view and hovers over a track name (or right clicks on the name). The bubble should be configurable as to the info it displays. For example, for classical, it would be great to see "conductor", "orchestra", "artist" and "composer" in a message box while hovering over a track. I realize the message area displays track info once the track plays and that this display window is configurable. Bringing that facility down to the 3D view as a pop up window would perfect the paradigm. Let me know if this is possible or maybe in the works. And, thanks again for creating such an amazing piece of software.

Regards, Leo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 3D View Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:02:08 pm »

Good ideas.

I think 3D browsing is pretty striking, especially in Theater View.  I'd like to figure out how to merge concepts we already have like the file info panel, and view hierarcies with snazzier 3D browsing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 3D View Enhancement
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:58:39 pm »

I'd like to figure out how to merge concepts we already have like the file info panel, and view hierarcies with snazzier 3D browsing.

It would be great to have the full power of the existing file info panel system to specify exactly what to present on the flip side of any cover art. I suppose the resulting layouts and expanding field behaviours might have to be quite different. But being able to show something on the back of a video poster would make those much more interesting (although they still need to be displayed in a normal poster aspect!). Audio albums could simply toggle between the existing track view and this info panel view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up