INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Slowmode" of Video every 10-20 seconds  (Read 1285 times)

Buckster

• Recent member
"Slowmode" of Video every 10-20 seconds
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:52:55 am »

I'm a new user to JRiver Media Centre and VERY impressed so far - and am nearing end of trial and would like to purchase

only thing putting me off at the moment is that I can't get totally smooth video - and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

specs of PC are E7400 @ 3.2 gig, ATI 5670 graphics card

problem: periodically I get "slow-down" when playing back videos, like you've enabled a "slow-mode" - the sound doesn't slow down - just the video - it only lasts around a second, and then suddenly catches up with itself. It does it on all 24p content I try and I can't fathom out why.

I'm currently using Digital LPCM out (ie decoded sound) - but I've also tried SPDIF digital output of sound and still get the same slown-down

I'm in standard video playback not HQ

I'm assuming Jrivier is automatically using my ATI card to decode the video although I can't see an option for enabling/disabling Hardware acceleration

also I have checked I've enabled auto -switch to right frequency - and I can confirm my Panasonic is receiving a 24p signal

anything to try please ?

thanks, Buckster

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: "Slowmode" of Video every 10-20 seconds
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

You have pretty well covered all the bases and while the E7400 is not a powerhouse you should be fine on RO, couple of things:
1) enabling/disabling Hardware acceleration:  At present RO is not using any HW acceleration (DXVA) but the addition of this feature is expected to be released shortly.  Have you brought up Windows Task Mgr to see if any of your cores are getting close to 100%.
2) Is the media playing locally or over a NW?
3) Try turning on "Video Clock" (it will try to keep the audio/video in sync) but I also had a ATI 5670 and it was at 24hz 
JRiver CEO Elect

Buckster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:47:48 am »

thanks very much for the reply - much appreciated

hadn't realised that its not using HW acceleration, so I'll check out my task manager and see how  near to 100% for decoding I am - I've OC'd the CPU to 3.7 so I've some headroom if needed.

media is being played back locally on an internal HDD

I will try turning on the Video Clock - thanks for that suggestion I'llgive it a whirl

cheers

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:44:26 am »

I was having some random playback "jerkyness" which was fixed by going into the audio properties and selecting WASPI instead of Direct Show. I don't know if this setting is really what caused the problem or if it was just coincidental, but it seemed to fix the issue for me.

Buckster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:07:04 pm »

thanks already using the WASPI - Event (WASPI I get "Static" for some odd reason"

with "video-smooth" - to sync video to audio - things are much better  I don't get the periodic slowdowns/slow-mo mode

but now I get it every 10-15 minutes,and when it then kicks in - it stays in "slow-mode" - ie video is very very laggy - audio is fine though

BUT if I press space for pause, and un-pause - everything AOK - video back to smooth - until another 10-15 minutes then goes laggy

pause/unpause re-fixes it

any ideas please ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up