INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track list problem  (Read 854 times)

ferraridoc

• Recent member
Track list problem
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:58 am »

Hi, I purchased some CDs from HDtracks and imported all in MC.
One CD (Ella and Louis) has been imported in 3 different CDs with the same cover, same author and same title; one Cd contains 9 tracks, the other 1 track and the last 1 track.
I tried to delete everything and import again but the problem is always the same. I tried also to copy the single tracks in the almost complete album but seems to be impossible.
Is there someone who experienced the same trouble and can help me to solve the problem?
Many thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Track list problem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:52 am »

Media Center organizes its views based upon the metadata (tags) contained in the audio files.  The stock views perform this well.  Unfortunately, the metadata that comes from various sources is often inconsistent, and thus it appears in multiple locations in a view.

So, you'll want to examine and correct the tags.

Show you tracks in a Panes view.  Select the affected album, and in the Tag Action Window, look at the fields Album, Artist, and Album Artist.  If the corresponding field in the Tag Action Window indicates <varies>, then enter the correct single consistent value there.  You want to see a single entry for each of those tags - these drive how Media Center groups the tracks from an audio album.

Start with this, and we can examine more as necessary.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up