INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has something changed with getting cover art from Google Images??  (Read 2315 times)

evo-no-revo

• Recent member

I don't know if something changed with the latest update but here is my issue.   I have the latest update of MC16.

When I have an album loaded in MC16 with no cover art.  I usually right click and go to Cover Art and click Get From Internet.  If that can't find cover art I would right click, go to Links and click images.  That would take me to Google images.  Then, and I don't remember exactly what the steps were but I would click the image I want and a window would open and ask me if I wanted to use the image for album art plus it had two or three other options.  Now it just goes to the page that the image came from and gives no option for using as cover art.

I have not used this option for a couple of months and I know we had a major update a few days ago.

Has JRiver changed something?

aaronshaw

Re: Has something changed with getting cover art from Google Images??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »

Not sure where the extra steps went, but the Find from internet feature hasn't worked for a loooong time. Really need an update on this, such a convenient feature.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:14 pm »

I am assuming when you say find from internet you are talking about the Get From Internet button.

I used that feature just a few minutes ago and it worked.  I know that it doesn't come up with matches all the time but if the album is spelled out correctly it usually works for me.

My issue is when I cannot get anything using that feature.  What I used to do seems to not be available anymore..

aaronshaw

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »

I can't even get any results on something as simple as "Michael Jackson / Thriller"
Disabled firewalls and all that, results pop up if I do it in a browser using Google Images.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 12:30:17 am »

It looks like Google has changed Images again.

Matt just fixed a google-induced breakage, but it might need to be fixed yet again.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 02:56:53 pm »

MrC, are you talking about Google induced breakage for my issue or Aaronshow's issue? 

His is Get Art From Internet issue.  Mine is getting the pop up window to happen when I am on Google images page for album art..

Just clarifying...

MrC

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »

There are two different general mechanisms in MC for obtain cover art remotely:

1) Cover Art > Get from Internet
2) Links > Google Images

In (1), MC does a look-up in JRiver's database called YADB.
In (2), MC opens a browser page inside MC and sends a query to Google Images.  It parses the action taken by the user and provides a pop-up menu asking the user what should be done with the image.

I understood your case was (2), and that it was not working as described.

I just tried it (with a beta version of MC16), and I get no image look-up whatsoever, and am taken to a Google page with no matches.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »

So, is there anything with MC16 that changed or is something need to be addressed by JRiver?

By the way, I still can't get any cover art from (2) method.

It seems like this stopped working after the last update...but I am not sure about that.

MrC

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 06:01:05 pm »

It is working again for me, you might want to give it a try.  I don't see any relevant changes in the release notes, so don't know if this was fixed by MC or Google.

evo-no-revo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »

Yaaaa, it is working for me now.  I just did the latest update and that fixed it.

Thanks JRiver!!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up