INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Stopper - At Least For Me  (Read 1364 times)

swilburn

Show Stopper - At Least For Me
« on: May 26, 2002, 06:29:04 pm »

I have not tried the latest release (version 8.0.284, I beleive), but I have had the following problem on the last few builds.

I open "Record Sound", set it up, and then record a track or two from a cassette.  When I exist "Record Sound", it does not save the  track(s) I just recorded.  This is the main focus of my recent use of MJ over the last few months - recording my cassettes so they can be burned to CD.  I have done a bit of this, so I don't think it anything that I have done (although anythings possible).  Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.  I did do a recent uninstall/reinstall; when I installed version 8.0.275.  I guess I could have lost some setting or other, but, if so, I do not know what the settings might be.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.282
Install Path: D:\Audio Programs\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1207 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0100
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.100
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Show Stopper - At Least For Me
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2002, 05:05:19 am »

Do you have the right encoder plugin for the file type you're trying to save as?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

swilburn

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2002, 08:17:12 pm »

I am saving to an uncompressed *.wav file.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 12:06:57 pm »

If you click the "Exit" button on the recorder, it will not save what is currently recording. Use the "Stop" button to do that. Is this what is happening?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

swilburn

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 12:47:43 pm »

No, this is not what is happening.  Here is what I have been doing (at least during the period that I have had this problem):  I recorded two (2) songs (I always record each song individually - manually starting and stopping the recording process and the beginning and end of each song).  The recording part seems to go through just fine.  When I had finished recording the last song (the window would indicate that recording had finished for each song), and would then close the the "recording" window.  Normally, I would expect the songs to then show up on my Artist/Album list, but it does not.  I have searched my hard drive just to make sure they were not being saved somewhere else, but have not found them.

I have been doing this off and on for some time now with no problems, so I do not think it is my procedure that is wrong.  However, as I mentioned before, I did recently do an uninstall/full reinstall (right around the time the problem started), so it is possible that the problem is related.  However, if there is some setting that I need to make to fix this, I am not aware of it.

JimH

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2002, 12:59:08 pm »

Check under playlists/unassigned.

Also try control-f to get the search box and then type any part of the name.
Jim Hillegass

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 01:25:45 pm »

Are you filling in artist and album names in the recorder dialog? If so, they *should* show up in your media library under those names.
After recording, select "Media Library" in the tree. Now all your tracks will show in the right-hand list. Click the "Date" column until it is sorted with the newest files at the top. Do your recorded tracks show up at the top?
Also, check your "File naming and location" settings to see if they look correct.

- John T.

swilburn

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 01:36:38 pm »

JimH:
I have looked under unassigned, but found nothing.  As I mentioned before, I have also seached my harddrive, but found nothing.

JohnT:
Yes, I fill out the Artist name, Album name, and then the tracks in the pop-up window.  This is the procedure I have used in the past.  I have checked my file naming and location settings and they appear to be correct.  I have partitioned my drive into three partitions:  C:\ is reserved for Windows; D:\ is reserved for applications (including Media Jukebox); and E:\ is reserved for documents and downloads (including my music files).  I have checked to make sure my "file naming and locations" settings are correct (pointing to the appropriate directory on the E:\ drive) and this all appears correct.  I will check it again when I get home and get a chance.

Thanks for the help.  It has me stumped (which probably means I have done something really dumb to cause the problem!).

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2002, 01:58:15 pm »

>>It has me stumped (which probably means I have done something really dumb to cause the problem!...

No, it was me that did something really dumb. You were absolutely right that the track being recorded when "stop" was pressed was not getting saved and imported (when uncompressed wave was chosen for output). This is fixed in the next build, please try it out.

Thanks for reporting the bug!
- John T.

JimH

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2002, 02:03:53 pm »

The fix should be in 8.0.289, just out.
Jim Hillegass

swilburn

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2002, 06:39:26 pm »

JohnT:
I'll download it and give it a try.  Sure hope that fixes it!  I was convinced it had something to do with my reinstall.  I'll let you know.

Thanks
Sam

swilburn

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2002, 06:38:08 pm »

Just wanted to confirm that version 8.0.289 has apparently solved my recording problem!

Thanks

Sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up