INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback stops at end of track  (Read 1672 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Playback stops at end of track
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »

When I click and play a song from my standard audio view, it will play the track then stop and not continue on playing.  I do not remember this behavior previously even though it has been quite a while since I played an audio track on this PC.  On my other systems running the same version of MC the track will play and then go on to the next track.  I checked for repeat, shuffle and playback options but I cannot find anything that stands out.  At the end of the song it will say waiting at the top of the screen and then just stop playing.  Any ideas what I might have set incorrectly?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Playback stops at end of track
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »

Check Options, type Replace in search dialog.  You might have MC set to replacing Playing Now w/a single song.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:24:10 pm »

Finally got a chance to check this out.  It is set to Replace Playing Now (all).  I can not figure out what is going on and why it will not move to the next track.

Now I just went to play a couple of videos and the audio keeps cutting out.  I never had this problem before.  Two known things that have happened are 1.) MC auto updates and 2.) by accident I let Windows update my ATI Radeon 4350 drivers in Windows Update.  I had to uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver from ATI's website.   I had to reconfigure my overscan and also relink my HDMI out on that card to the zone I am using in MC.  So now I have two problems.  It seems to work fine on my other systems and I am thinking this could have had something to do with the video card drivers but now I am at a loss as audio from the web works fine as well as audio files in MC but not audio from video files.  Any ideas?

MrC

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »

Finally got a chance to check this out.  It is set to Replace Playing Now (all).  I can not figure out what is going on and why it will not move to the next track.
You mentioned above that you "checked for repeat... but I cannot find anything that stands out."  Does this mean you've verified that Repeat is disabled?  If not, Player > Repeat > Repeat off.

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 01:31:00 pm »

Ok this is weird.  I checked that repeat is off and it is.  I then went and hit play on an audio track and at the end of the track it went on to play the next song.  The only thing I changed was from WASAPI to Direct Sound for the issue I was having with Audio tracks in Video files.  I switched back to WASAPI from Direct Sound to see if I could replicate the problem and turns out I can't....playback was fine using both methods.  So the problem is resolved but that does not sit well with me because I still don't know what caused it.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »

I attribute these things to brain f**t and getting older.  I sleep better with that explanation.

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 02:48:06 pm »

Well I am getting older just thought I was getting wiser til now :o  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up