INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving files in mc.. still bugy  (Read 1021 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
moving files in mc.. still bugy
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:34 pm »

i have posted about this in 14 and in 15.. its not something i do often, but now its time to report this in 16. when i move around big amounts of files or big files using the explorer of mc or the copy etc tool, files loose contact and get reimported, loosing play stats etc. today i moved a bunch of files from one disc to an other using the explorer from mc. and a small part was moved to an other disc again using the copy etc tool. for most , but not all, the play stats etc got lost, and the imported date was set to today. the disc they are copied to is not autoimported, so.. i dont know... i hate loosing my play stats. it where cd's, and some had only one song on the original import date, and the rest fresh.. ah well.

gappie

Re: moving files in mc.. still bugy
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:14 am »

its a pity that mc is not reliable when moving files around, it would make things much easier. and on a side note: i just noticed i lost more info than i thought, so i write all that info to the files now (except the playstats  :'( ). when doing an update tags from library, the playback stops at end from song.. guess it will continue when ready (which will take a while).

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:09 am »

Can you find a step-by-step to reproduce a problem?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 12:43:35 pm »

no.. not yet  :)
but what i saw moving three mkv around using the explorer and the copy/move tool is that sometimes apparently mc thinks a file is still there and changes the filename by adding a (1) (up till 3 in my short test). always the moving had ended before the next move, and one disk is in autoimport, the other is not.

ill try to dig further.. its a pity that yesterday i threw away most of the big chunk of files where it happened with the lat time

i could give some screenshots showing the different importdates for some files of the same album (treated the same and as a whole in mc but some got reimported and some not).

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up