INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music only->Possible Save Location for Artist Slideshow?  (Read 1651 times)

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Music only->Possible Save Location for Artist Slideshow?
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:34:26 pm »

Is it possible to save Images from Artist Slideshow when playing Music to a specific Save Location like "Music Artist Slideshow" in the background?
So that MC can take this Folder for playing Slideshow Images when my HTPC is not connected to the Internet.
If not,is that a big Problem to add this Feature to the Options?
Perhaps with an automatic Artist Folder Creation inside,so that MC takes the right images when it takes them from the Slideshow Folder when the HTPC is Offline!?
When connected to Internet it should get it from there and save Images in background,when not it should take them from the Slideshow Folder.
Because my HTPC is not always connected to the net.And i think I'm not the only one.
Would be very nice.

And a BIG THANk YOU for your Support.
Keep on going MC Team ;)
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music only->Possible Save Location for Artist Slideshow?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:05 am »

It's not possible as far as I know. At least not images based on artist. Views, yes. But not more granular I'm afraid.

It would be very handy to be able to store images of different media for back ground slide shows! There have been several requests for it. Stored in a similar way to the Themes perhaps. Broken up in Media Sub Type, then Artist name if artist, Series title if TV Show, Movie titles if Movies and so on. With an option to download todays files from Internet, you could go through the folders and look for non appropriate or ugly images, and use your favorites for all eternity. That would be something. Including backup of this images would be great. Perhaps a separate backup file if this takes a lot of space?

This could be used for backdrops for movies, tv shows etc. There is plenty of people that thinks this should be a standard part of Theater View today, and as we are probably getting better support from themoviedb.com soon(?), this is something to think about and plan. Not only automatic downloads, but customizable backdrop art folders for the neat freaks like my selfs.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:23:27 am »

Is it possible to save Images from Artist Slideshow when playing Music to a specific Save Location like "Music Artist Slideshow" in the background?

StuckMojo, have you seen this thread?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65610.0

No one has suggested having JRiver automatically save images into a local folder yet. It would be a nice option, although you would need some sort of blacklist option to keep erroneous and unwanted images from being downloaded again, and I could see that getting complicated.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:58:57 am »

Yes,I have been reading your Thread,but it's not exactly that what i need.

For me a simple automatic Image save function with Artist Folder creation,when my HTPC is online is all what i need.
A Blacklist is not needed i think,perhaps a Picture Limit Setting per Artist would be nice (10-30 Images,or something like this).
Of course putting our own pictures in the Artist Folder would also be a nice Option.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up