INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with updated tag not showing up properly in audio browse function  (Read 1168 times)

Suteetat

Hi, I am new to J River and I am having a bit of a problem. Previously I was using XXHighend for music server which supports only folder structure for sorting music so I was not always careful about having proper tag information. However, now that I am also using J River, I tried to edit tag information a bit more carefully, especially with genre, artists and such. Anyhow, I find that sometimes when I edit artist name for a few albums for example, I might initially have DirStraight in artist field in the tag. Once I edited it to Dire Straits, some albums will then appeared under Dire Straits when I looked through artist lists. However, some albums still showed up under DirStraight even though the tag information under artist field is now corrected. There seems to be no pattern, some albums will show up properly under a new artist correction while some still show up under old artist names. Restart the program, reboot computer, editing from library field or from folder location, nothing make a different. Those that does not show up properly would still show up improperly regardless of what I do. I would appreciate any suggestion at this point.

Also, I usually use dbPoweramp to rip my CDs. I can't find an option for J River to update music tracks from the same folder that I use for main library. How would I go about doing that.

Thanks for your help.

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with updated tag not showing up properly in audio browse function
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:54 am »

Hi, I am new to J River and I am having a bit of a problem. Previously I was using XXHighend for music server which supports only folder structure for sorting music so I was not always careful about having proper tag information. However, now that I am also using J River, I tried to edit tag information a bit more carefully, especially with genre, artists and such. Anyhow, I find that sometimes when I edit artist name for a few albums for example, I might initially have DirStraight in artist field in the tag. Once I edited it to Dire Straits, some albums will then appeared under Dire Straits when I looked through artist lists. However, some albums still showed up under DirStraight even though the tag information under artist field is now corrected. There seems to be no pattern, some albums will show up properly under a new artist correction while some still show up under old artist names. Restart the program, reboot computer, editing from library field or from folder location, nothing make a different. Those that does not show up properly would still show up improperly regardless of what I do. I would appreciate any suggestion at this point.

Also, I usually use dbPoweramp to rip my CDs. I can't find an option for J River to update music tracks from the same folder that I use for main library. How would I go about doing that.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you have a problem with the Album Artist field. See the link below.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Basically, you need to add the Album Artist field to your view, and remove any erroneous info (like DirStraight) that is located there.

Suteetat

Re: Help with updated tag not showing up properly in audio browse function
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:17 am »

Thanks for your help, Album artist field was exactly the problem. All taken care of now. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up