INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go to "recently imported" after importing an album  (Read 1366 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
Go to "recently imported" after importing an album
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:57 am »

Whenever I import an album, JRiver seems to take me to the "recently imported" playlist when finished.

Is there any way to stop JRiver doing this? I have to navigate back to the artist each time I import an album.

Thanks!

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Go to "recently imported" after importing an album
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:23 am »

Whenever I import an album, JRiver seems to take me to the "recently imported" playlist when finished.

Is there any way to stop JRiver doing this? I have to navigate back to the artist each time I import an album.

Thanks!

One of my biggest peeves with this program...bar none.

I am almost always sitting in my Recent Albums view at startup, when selecting an album to play etc. And I do ALL my imports manually so when I click that Import button and then MC takes it's sweet time moving over to the Recently Imported playlist and then I have to move back to where I just was - I bloody cringe.

Not only do I not understand why anyone would want to be taken to this view or what purpose it could possibly serve - but why oh why can we not have an option to either do it or not do it?

As a learning exercise - I would love to hear from anyone who actually likes this behavior (having the program immediately move to this list after import every time) and why they believe it's beneficial.

Cheers,

VP

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:03:28 am »

As a learning exercise - I would love to hear from anyone who actually likes this behavior (having the program immediately move to this list after import every time) and why they believe it's beneficial.

Cheers,

VP

I like the behavior. You can confirm what files have been added and correct any tagging issues that might exist.

Navigating to the previous screen only involves clicking the Back arrow (or Alt+Left).

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:40 am »

I like the behavior. You can confirm what files have been added and correct any tagging issues that might exist.

Navigating to the previous screen only involves clicking the Back arrow (or Alt+Left).

Wig,

Fair enough. However - MC default behavior should not be to assume that ANY user wants to check tags or needs this view. Also - it goes without saying that MC has way too many "clicks" going on as it is - so even having to click the Back arrow is annoying. Especially if I import 100 albums one by one over a tagging session....that's 100 extra clicks etc that I should not have to deal with.

To wit - all my tagging efforts happen outside of my library (but using MC via the Drives and Devices-Explorer area) and are guaranteed to be 100% correct BEFORE importing - so I am one of those users who doesn't want this view, would never, ever use this view and would love an option to turn it off.

That way - both you and I can get the best out of MC - while having the app complement both of our workflows :)

VP

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:02 am »

Wig,

Fair enough. However - MC default behavior should not be to assume that ANY user wants to check tags or needs this view. Also - it goes without saying that MC has way too many "clicks" going on as it is - so even having to click the Back arrow is annoying. Especially if I import 100 albums one by one over a tagging session....that's 100 extra clicks etc that I should not have to deal with.

To wit - all my tagging efforts happen outside of my library (but using MC via the Drives and Devices-Explorer area) and are guaranteed to be 100% correct BEFORE importing - so I am one of those users who doesn't want this view, would never, ever use this view and would love an option to turn it off.

That way - both you and I can get the best out of MC - while having the app complement both of our workflows :)

VP

Lord knows I'm not one to admonish people for requesting new features on this site.  ;D

I gotta ask, though. Why are you importing 100 albums individually? That seems like an awful lot of extra clicks right there.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:52 am »

I gotta ask, though. Why are you importing 100 albums individually? That seems like an awful lot of extra clicks right there.

Well - I am not making any excuses for my anal methods of cataloging my music in MC. I am a firm believer of getting it right the first time and in my case - the kind of stuff I store (from original source to radio chart stats to mastering engineer) can't be done by the program itself so I have to do it:)

Sometimes it's quick and sometimes - depending on what's in the Tag Queue - it's a long session. The 100 at a time quip is on the extreme - but recently I did have a problem copying files on my backup server and soon found out that some sort of obscure glitch resulted in about 600 FLAC tracks getting damaged. Which then turned into a huge effort to relocate all these damaged items from very old optical archives and other backups (even re-rips) - to pull backup copies of all this stuff. The real fun started when some of these backups from like 2007 - had plenty of old school taggage that needed to brought up to my current spec.

Hand editing these babies into shape and importing them really made that Recently Imported doodad stand out and NOT in a good way. This isn't a huge thing (I don't think) and hopefully the devs will see the logic in this. Never ever understood why it was on by default.

Cheers,

VP

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:15:56 pm »

Whatever the reasons, I think that an option to prevent this behaviour would help a large number of users. Just waiting for a response from JRiver on this one.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 04:23:14 pm »

Whatever the reasons, I think that an option to prevent this behaviour would help a large number of users. Just waiting for a response from JRiver on this one.

+1. It's certainly a no brainer in the "option" department.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up