INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date recorded of home video files  (Read 824 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Date recorded of home video files
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:26:24 am »

I have a whole bunch of homevideos. I'd like to make sure that the date of recording is preserved. And I'd like to make some views in MC based on this date.

The type of files is typically .mts (avchd) but I can imagine that the same "challenge" is there for other types of videofiles too.

In image files, the date is imprinted in the header (and thus relatively safe). How can I achieve something similar for my videofiles?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Date recorded of home video files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:28 pm »

I think the date field in Media Center should be filled by the date created of the files.

If you're doing digital recordings, I would expect the date created for the video files to be correct.

Are you seeing something other than this?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Date recorded of home video files
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

The Date Created field is populated (as you would expect) by the file creation date but this is unlikely to be the date shot unless unless you never edit your raw footage (the date created for the new edited clip is the creation date of the clip created by your Video Editor).

Now interestingly, some of the more "modern" formats now use the Subtitle stream to record the Date/Time from the Camcorder (and it certainly does on my m2ts/m2t files).

EDIT: I tag (name) them all manually in YYYY MM- Title
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up