INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound not good  (Read 2104 times)

s711

sound not good
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »

I installed MC 16 (trial version) because it has some new features I like, the ability to play blue ray and netflix.
The sound did not work right; the background sound did good (music, background conversation, etc) but any
of the foreground talking could bearly be heard.  I have media jukebox 8 and have seen no reason to upgrade
until now as this has all the features I have needed until these two new features came out.  I run xpsp2 with
an AMD cpu and Asus motherboard.  Is this the only place to get help, I have not found any other.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: sound not good
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:08 pm »

You May Need To Include Some Information About Your System And Sound Board.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:06 pm »

Do you have a stereo set-up or a 5.1/7.1?
There is a known issue with downmixing surround sound to 2 channels, IIRC. I'm positive it'll be fixed soon.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:21:34 am »

I have the same problem... That's why I used MC14, it works fine and I didn't need anything else. Because I noticed the option of playing remote files on my Samsung galaxy S II, using it as a remote and some more fun options I thought I give it a try on my laptop since I had to restore the software from scratch.

I tried everything in options but cannot hear the channels beside the left and right channel. That's why I don't hear the people talking. I understand that it is a known issue so I hope it will be solved soon. It's more than two weeks since the last post here though.

I also noticed another problem when I double click a movie (ripped dvd/vob files on my HD) that is playing it is going to the smaller display window on the left-bottom side. However the picture is more square and a part the subs and image is missing on the right hand side. When double clicking on the display window it goes to the regular window but it's still missing a part of the image and subs. It looks like it is cut of on the right hand side but the part that is showing is centered in the middle with black all around it.

I might put this in a seperate post later.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

when you have set the sound for the video to use the same sound device as in audio playback (options>video>advanced), then go to dsp studio. check out output format>channels. depending on your setup it has the option center to front L/R and enough other settings to find a solution.

:)
gab

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:21 pm »

Hi Gappie,

I never would have found that, since I never used the dsp studio. I can put it to 2 channels (stereo) and than to JRSS v2.0 surround sound (recommended) and than I got the "normal" sound. Thanks for that!
Is this a "work-around" or is this the way it is in MC16?

I have another problem with my ripped DVD's... When I play them and double click on the movie it goes to the small display window on the bottom-left of the program. It than changes to a more square image (like the old TV's 4:3) I seems that a piece of the right hand side is cut off and also the subtitles are cut off. When I double click on that again it gives me the same image but than enlarged. There's still black around the movie. The bottom and top of the movie have bars that a slightly less dark then the surrounding black. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

It seems I cannot go to wiki, is there a problem?

gappie

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 01:35:14 pm »

i think it is the way it works in mc, not a workaround, there are so many ways people want to configure their setup, and i think this works very nice (indeed, if you know about it). dont take the recommended for granted. just see what is best for you.. there is enough there to play with.

about the dvd problem.. im really a video illiterate. i have mostly mkv files and then i use the arrows to change the video size. but with 160 there seems to be a problem, at least on xp.. there is no way to enter the bar (forgot the name) at the bottom of the video to change settings like that, or subtitles etc.

:)
gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:31 pm »

about the dvd problem.. im really a video illiterate. i have mostly mkv files and then i use the arrows to change the video size. but with 160 there seems to be a problem, at least on xp.. there is no way to enter the bar (forgot the name) at the bottom of the video to change settings like that, or subtitles etc.
On Screen Display?  Use up and down arrows to enter that mode, left and right to change.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 03:04:30 pm »

I locked this thread because it split into several different topics.  Just start a new thread if you need to continue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up