INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Server. How do I stop it downsampling over Ethernet to Naim NDX  (Read 1845 times)

JHJxxxx

• Recent member

I have a Naim NDX Network Player and connect to it via wired Ethernet on a Win7 64 bit PC. I have all my CDs ripped as FLACs using dbpoweramp.

I've just started using JR Media Centre as the server for the NDX. It seems fine so far in all respects, apart from my n-Serve controller on the iPad showing that the songs are being played as MP3 320kb/s at 44.kHz. I guess the FLACs are being downsampled and converted somewhere but I can't find any indication of where. There seems to be plenty of areas where you can control sound card output but nothing for network output.

I'm not sure if this is a Win 7 issue or a JRiver issue.

Could anyone point me in the right direction or provide details of what I need to do to get native FLAC output to the NDX please?

Regards,
JHJ

JHJxxxx

• Recent member

With some further investigation I managed to sort this problem out. For anyone with the same issue.

Go to Media Network / Options / Add or configure DLNA server / Generic DLNA / Audio

You can stop conversion and downsampling there.

I would have thought not converting and not down sampling would be a good place to start, rather than having to actually get the Media Server to play native files by going throgh this.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

With some further investigation I managed to sort this problem out. For anyone with the same issue.

Go to Media Network / Options / Add or configure DLNA server / Generic DLNA / Audio

You can stop conversion and downsampling there.

I would have thought not converting and not down sampling would be a good place to start, rather than having to actually get the Media Server to play native files by going through this.
The default is to convert media that the base DLNA protocol doesn't require a device to support. This allows the greatest success with the generic template for a first time user (and most DLNA devices can't play flac natively).
Pages: [1]   Go Up