INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically send to a zone?  (Read 1882 times)

aaronshaw

Automatically send to a zone?
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:44:53 pm »

I was wondering if it's possible to automatically send audio to Zone 1, and video to Zone 2? I know you can do it manually, but I'd like to have this automated.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatically send to a zone?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:57:13 pm »

How are the zones defined? Are they DLNA, or simply different outputs from the same PC? If the latter, you can send audio-audio and video-audio to different audio devices. Does that make sense?

aaronshaw

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »

Playing from my PC to a directly connected amp, files are stored on a nas. How would I set it up like you mentioned?

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:02 am »

What's the reason behind using two zone for your setup?

I use from time to time two zones to the same output, just to be able to play music while cycling slideshows which also may contain videos. Might this be the same reason for you?

Do not know of an automatic solutions, but would be interesting to see if someone else knows something.

Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

aaronshaw

Re: Re: Automatically send to a zone?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:58 am »

That's pretty much what I do: videos to one zone, audio to another so I can play/preview them both at the same time.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

An example...

Set up audio device as SPDIF connection. Set up the audio device for video as multichannel analog from your sound card. Now your videos will play via the 5.1/7.1 analog connections to your amp(s). The music will play via SPDIF. Or, if you have a 7.1 sound card, but only 5.1 speakers, set up 5.1 for video and stereo for music from the same soundcard. I don't think you even have to define separate zones, if I'm not mistaken.

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »

I was wondering if it's possible to automatically send audio to Zone 1, and video to Zone 2? I know you can do it manually, but I'd like to have this automated.

You can proceed as following:

You start MC 16 with standard view and you select the video zone. So, every time you start MC 16 it will start with video zone enabled.

In "Option" you go to "theater view" and in "advanced"  you have the option "Switch to zone on load" you select audio zone.

In this way when you start MC16 you are on video zone, it works when you put a DVD or a Blu-Ray disc, for example, playing starts automatically in video (zone 2).

When you switch the display to theater view the zone is automatically switched to zone 1 (audio).

This is the solution I've found this afternoon because I wanted a similar functioning.

aaronshaw

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 05:52:49 am »

You can proceed as following:

You start MC 16 with standard view and you select the video zone. So, every time you start MC 16 it will start with video zone enabled.

In "Option" you go to "theater view" and in "advanced"  you have the option "Switch to zone on load" you select audio zone.

In this way when you start MC16 you are on video zone, it works when you put a DVD or a Blu-Ray disc, for example, playing starts automatically in video (zone 2).

When you switch the display to theater view the zone is automatically switched to zone 1 (audio).

This is the solution I've found this afternoon because I wanted a similar functioning.

Thanks for the feedback, but to be honest I never use Theatre View. I find the layout and design counter-productive. Do you know of any way to accomplish this without Theatre View?

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:29:33 am »

Unfortunately it appears that "Switch to zone on load" is only available with Theater view. I don't see this option for for JRiver standard view starting. It could be a great idea for a new feature in future versions of JRiver Media Center: possibility of starting audio playing on a defined zone and video playing on a different zone.

For my part, I don't use Theater view on my HTPC but on my PC Tablet Archos9 running Win 7 with JRiver installed used to control my HTPC only when I'm playing audio files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up