INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? 16.0.160 suddenly won't write tags to FLAC on one machine [SOLVED]  (Read 946 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

But with another instance of 16.0.160 on another machine - it works fine on the exact same set of files. I have been tagging on this machine with 160 since it became available with no issues whatsoever - but in the last hour - I have tried 4 different albums and the replay gain data and album art (the 3 tags I can confirm) do not get written to the actual files. MC goes thru the motions with the replay gain (and the values appear on screen). But if I exit MC and restart and come back to the files - there is no replay gain data.

I must also mention that I do my Analyze audio and Add Cover Art processes via the Drives and Devices tree location (none of the files being tagged are in a library - just a file folder). I am running Windows 7 and have never ever seen this behavior before.

The only other thing I did on this instance of MC was to switch briefly to my mobile library this morning for a quick iPod sync. But when I came home today and loaded my "server" library - this inability to tag suddenly became very clear....I am truly lost as to what is happening here.

Any tips on where I can start looking for something odd?

EDIT: A quick rollback to 159 has proven nothing. It too will not save any tags.
EDIT2: Now expanded to all the tags - using the Drives and Devices tree applet - I can confirm that if I try to edit any tags - they appear edited on screen but if I exit MC and restart it and go back in a given folder (which should display the edited tags) the tags appear as the did prior to the edit.

Almost like something is read-only? I have checked all files, folders and drives - nothing is readonly.

EDIT3: Solved! Another client on the network had the library open - hence I was in read-only on this station. Whew!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up