INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver statistics report  (Read 1567 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
JRiver statistics report
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:30:50 pm »

Is there a way to get JRiver to produce a summary and statistics report? Including data such as no. of albums, no. of artists, most played artists, etc etc ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRiver statistics report
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »

The first two are easy.  Create a panes view, and add the columns Albums and Artists.  This will give you the count of these at the top of the panes.

Tracks have stats, so you can add an expression column that shows these.  For example, track plays:

[Number Plays] - [Name]

and sort ascending or descending as wanted.

MC doesn't provide a means to compare data from one track to another track, and I don't believe there are any cumulative stats like this.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:12:33 pm »

Might be an idea for an addon. Mediamonkey produces a nice summary showing all this sort of info.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:55:03 pm »

Might be.

A plug-in most certainly could interrogate MC re. track information and provide some stats.  If this is important to you, I can suggest ways that you can get what you want now (rather than waiting for some enterprising plug-in developer to implement such a plug-in).

Not to be argumentative, but rather just explaining why what seems trivial is a little more effort...

MC's database is driven by the files in the library, so current stats are also essentially file-based.  For audio, a file is a track.  The MC database isn't a relational database, so relational database tables like Albums, Artists, etc. don't exist.  Thus, MC would have to calculate extra information by examining every track.

Number of plays for an audio track is easy - MC just updates that track's [Number Plays] field.  But Artists, well that would require MC to query the database of all tracks, asking for all tracks for the given artist, and do some counting.  Likewise, Albums for album stats, etc.

What would it mean if you have an album where 5 of 10 tracks are played 7 times, but the remaining tracks only played twice?  Is that an Album Played of 0 times, or 7 times, or some weighted average of the track played times?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Daydream

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:57:47 pm »

Thinking about this from a different angle: we may want to show (say in Theater view) stats (total numbers of movies vs. viewed, episodes vs. viewed, no. of albums or artists or whatever). That will require some ways to produce those numbers, not views.
Pages: [1]   Go Up