INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of small issues now i've moved from MC15 to 16  (Read 923 times)

kevinmcdonough

• Recent member
Couple of small issues now i've moved from MC15 to 16
« on: August 27, 2011, 04:35:50 am »

hey all

First post on the board, have loved this software for a couple of years now and always used it as my main Film/TV show player and library. I was stuck on iTunes for audio because it made it easier to work with my iPhone, but now having moved to an Android, i've been able to move all my audio and podcasts over as well and couldn't be happier!  :)

However have two small issues i've been finding since i've changed from 15 to 16.They're not major or stopping the program from functioning from any means, but be nice to clear them up if I could:

The first I think is hopefully just a settings issue but having a look through couldn't find a setting to change. MC15 was really good at remembering what the last file I played was, so that if i'd had to stop watching a TV program or film part way through, then even after a switch-off/restart of the PC all i'd have to do is start up MC and hit play and it would pick up right where I left off. Now it seems to have lost that ability and I need to dig through the files to find the film I was on, or remember which episode of a TV series I had watched up to, and play the file that way. It still remembers where I was in the program once I manually go through the menu and find the file in the library, but being able to just start up MC and hit play without pressing anything else was a nice wee touch that I miss.

Secondly, I use "Rename, Move & Copy files" a lot to organise my library and move files from the internal hard disk that they come to when I purchase and download them out to the external drives I have set up for storage. If I was actually watching one of the files at the time, MC would recognise this and that it couldnt move/copy because the file was in use, and a message would pop up along the status bar at the bottom saying "file in use, please press stop to complete changes". Pressing stop on the file would then let it complete the task. However now it seems to have lost this ability to recognise that the file can't be moved because MC is playing it, and it just comes up with a standard error message. I then need to manually go into the folders and cut/paste the file from the downloading folder and into the external drives (digging through the various folders I have to categorise and sort things into type, genre, series, season etc).  Again it's not the end of the world, just a little annoying having to do it manually when it used to happen so smoothly and automatically before.

K

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Couple of small issues now i've moved from MC15 to 16
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:39:01 am »

Welcome aboard :)

For #1, open the Options, and in the top right corner, type "clear" without quotes... Is "Clear Playing Now on exit" ticked? If it is, untick it and press OK.

RE #2, I'm not 100% certain about this, but my understanding was that, even in v15, MC would show that in the status bar, but only wait ten minutes, and if the file was still locked after 10 minutes, it would stop waiting and throw the error message. Is this consistent with your experience, or is it popping the error message immediately?

-marko

kevinmcdonough

• Recent member
Re: Couple of small issues now i've moved from MC15 to 16
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:53 am »

hey

thanks for your help, #1 sorted :-)

as for number 2, not totally sure. Normally if its a lot of files like it has been wile i've been transferring the music over (30,000 tracks or so) I'll leave it over night and its all done by the morning, so the 10 mins will have expired. Will keep my eye on it over the next few days as I re-tag some things and finish organising it all, and let you know.

k
Pages: [1]   Go Up