INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio error  (Read 1417 times)

piccirilli

• Recent member
Audio error
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:53:46 pm »

Just starting out with setting up MC16, and need some help. I cannot play any of my MKV video files, with a message saying playback could not be started on the selected audio output. 
As a note, I have perfect video and audio  bitstreaming my MKV's using MPC-HC with LAV filters and MadVR, so it's not an issue with my hardware.  There must be something I need to register or setup in MC16.  Currently installed version .160
Audio set for Direct Sound - AMD HDMI Output - Default Channels. Tried numerous other settings but no luck, continue to get same error message
 Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio error
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »

Check how you have audio set under MC's options for video.

piccirilli

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »

Can you be more specific?  I am using RO HQ using additional filters, which are LAV Video, LAV Audio, LAV Splitter.  However, if I use the default setting for RO HQ without additional filters, I get an error stating failed to connect  video decoder to source/splitter. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:23:23 pm »

Start with Red October Standard with no bitstreaming.  Then add bitstreaming.  Then add HQ.

You may need to use WASAPI Event Style in Options > Audio to bitstream.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

piccirilli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:38:27 pm »

Matt,
Your suggestion worked:  'You may need to use WASAPI Event Style in Options > Audio to bitstream'.
I would never guessed to use this option. I did not need to do any of the other suggestions, now that MKV's are playing as expected. 
Thanks much for getting me jump started. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up