INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Rename  (Read 958 times)

richardap

• Recent member
File Rename
« on: September 04, 2011, 01:35:10 pm »

I'm new to Music Center and thinking of moving from mediamonkey.  I have managed to replicate most of the features i use but i can't figure out the last one.
My car orders tracks via filename not the track number embedded.  Is it possible to rename tracks on sync but adding the track number before the filename. To add to the issue it also needs to add the "0" in front of tracks 1-9 otherwise it ends up being "1,10,11,2,3,4,5" etc

Is this possible?
Cheers
Rich

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: File Rename
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:42:35 pm »

use PadNumber([Track #],3) to get three digit zero padded track numbers, although im not sure if you can rename them on sync

richardap

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:56:41 pm »

Thanks for that. 
I can't get it to work on sync but I think I will just change all filenames as i'm not too bothered what they are called on the disk.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 05:38:07 am »

Rename on sync would be very complicated, if not impossible. There is no such functions built in. The best you can do is to rename the files on disk. The Rename filenames from tags tool will do this easily for you. Just remember to rename the 1-9 files and 10 and above separately. Choose all your music files and sort on Track number to do this.

Example
All Track 1-9 selected:
0[Track#] - [Album Artist Auto] - [Name]

All Track 10-xxx selected:
[Track#] - [Album Artist Auto] - [Name]
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

richardap

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 05:53:01 am »

Thanks for that, I tired out the "PadNumber([Track #],0)" that added the 0 to files 1-9 and left 10, 11, 12 etc. 
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up