INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two different libraries on the same computer?  (Read 1069 times)

kevced

• Recent member
Two different libraries on the same computer?
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:58:48 am »

Hi, I try to use the same computer at 2 different locations, linked to 4 hard drives (2 at each locations).

While at the office, I created an "office" library where I imported the audio files located on the "office" drives and I tried to use the former "main" library at home (where the 2 initial drives are) but it seems that MC16 always bring the last library used and I have to re-import all the stuff all the time. I re-installed MC15 and planned to use MC15 at the office and MC16 at home but the problem remains...I guess there is an easy way to manage 2 separate libraries from different drives at different locations?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two different libraries on the same computer?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:54:56 pm »

Using 16
In the tree expand Playing now > Play from..
You should see both libraries

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:08:24 pm »

Did you actually add a second media library (aka a separate Media Center database)? If not, you can do it in Playing Now.

By default MC loads the last used library on startup, but you can create a custom shortcut with a command line that loads a named library as explained here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

You may also want to disable the "Fix broken links" Auto-Import option in both libraries to avoid removing the missing disk files from the database. ( Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import > Configure Auto-Import > Tasks > Fix Broken links: No )

See the attached screenshots.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

kevced

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:33:27 am »

Thank you guys!

As suggested, I select the libraries via the tree expand Playing now...and it do the trick.

In a near future, I will have the "Fix broken links" disabled...if it can prevent further problems.

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help one can have in a really short timeframe!!! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up