INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Name" tag from sidecar isn't imported (but something else automatically).  (Read 1048 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen

While working on a problem with coverart I noticed a problem with the "name" tag in de sidecar file.
Because I had the same picture in my coverart folder for multiple movies I changed the "name" tag for those movies to an unique name.
It happened because I had series with names like "01. Pilot" and "Episode 01" etc.
So I renamed them like "01. Pilot (Ghost Whisperer)", "1066 (BBC) Episode 01" etc.
I updated the tags from library and they are changed accordingly.

However when I import these movies into a library on another system/PC it imports not the "name" tag from the sidecar file but gives me just "Episode 01" instead of "Episode 01 (Ghost Whisperer)".
It seems it takes automatically something else. When importing a new file the "name" tag has a name already, where it was blank before.
I imported the movie "Give 'em Hell, Malone". When I go to the latest imported movies to add tags the "name" tag has already "Give 'Em Hell, Malone"
I don't know where it takes the name from, because the folder has the name "Give 'em Hell, Malone" without the capital "e".
Maybe I'm missing something here but I couldn't find anything in options, searching for "tag" and "import".

The annoying thing is that when I import the movies I prepared to use into another system it doesn't pickup the "name" tag so I got the same problem with artwork I solved on my main system.

I have a complex system for naming my movies. I use "title" to show the name as I want it to appear under the thumb. So I can show "Thir13en Ghosts" but use "Thirteen Ghosts" for sorting and searching. I use "album" for sorting it into my library. This way I e.g. use "James Bond 01" etc. to get all the "Bond" movies lined up from the first to the last. The "name" tag is used for an unique name to save the folder.jpg in coverart. (e.g. 01. Pilot (Ghost Whisperer)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "Name" tag from sidecar isn't imported (but something else automatically).
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:37:13 am »

Can someone please confirm or comment on this problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up