INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to stream the DVD cover art to the TV  (Read 2843 times)

pat b

Is it possible to stream the DVD cover art to the TV
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:19:17 pm »

Hi All,
I am using J River 16 and can watch movies on my TV upsairs. J River is installed on the PC downstairs. Using DLNA, when I view my movie titles on the TV, is it possible to also see the DVD cover art as i scroll through the movie titles, like you can on the J River software on the PC. Maybe the cover art needs to be in the same folder as the movie? Or is it completely dependent on the DLNA App that is on my TV. Any help would be appreciated.

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is it possible to stream the DVD cover art to the TV
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:54 am »

Did you try the 'Present small artwork' option in the Advanced section in your DLNA configuration ?
Are the media files tagged with coverart ?
Some of these capabilities, like showing coverart, are also determined by the DLNA implementation in your TV. Does it support coverart ? Is it DLNA Certified ? To which DLNA version ?

pat b

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »

The Tv is DLNA Certified. Small Art work is turned on.
What do you mean by "Are the media files tagged with coverart" All my DVD covers are in the same file as the movie with the same exact name as the movie, except they have a .JPG extention. As far as the TV being able to show the covers capability, the tv can show photos, video and music, isn't the DVD covers just a photo with a .JPG extention after all, because I can see my family photos.

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:57:32 am »

How DLNA members talk to each other is not my strong side. But being able to show jpg's is not the same as showing coverart.
I am not familiar with naming conventions that eventually will give you coverart when you tells your tv to go into the 'show videos' view.
You could try to update the coverart tag in the movie file to se if it makes any difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up