INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Computers, Different Versions OK?  (Read 1711 times)

jsjanx

• Recent member
Two Computers, Different Versions OK?
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »

I have a couple questions:

1) At the JRiver website on the FAQ page, it says that you can install on multiple computers that you own, within 2 weeks of purchase or a restore.  I just purchased a desktop to be my primary music server, but originally installed on a laptop last year.  Do I have to restore to the original laptop in order to get another install key so that I can also load the program onto my new desktop?  Or do I need to purchase another copy? Will there be any problem if I restore to a version that is working fine?

2)  I'm considering upgrading to MC16 on one or both computers.  The new desktop will primarily be used to play very large (50MB up to 700MB) files, ASIO,  through a USB DAC to my primary stereo.  The laptop will be used to rip music and send it wirelessly through the computer sound card to less complicated electronics.  Are any of the MC16 instability issues related to these circumstances?  I've had a lot of "buffering" issues with my laptop & MC15 and purchased the desktop so that all of my music is now on internal drives to hopefully eliminate this.

Thank you.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Two Computers, Different Versions OK?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:29:02 pm »

What you'll do in the process is regenerate a new license that is valid for 2 weeks.  Use this license to register your installations on your home systems.  You only need to purchase 1 copy of MC - the license is liberal, in that you can use it for your home systems.

As for MC 16, just download the beta and test it out to see how it works for you.  You can have both 15 and 16 installed at the same time.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmbrkr

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:53:44 am »

I'm in a similar situation. My laptop has become unstable and I just picked up an old desktop for free.
I just want to be 100% sure I can regenerate my MC15 license key and install on my desktop without screwing up the install on my laptop. Its been about a year since I installed on my laptop.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:14:02 am »

Just install the last build of MC15.  Look for "Old Versions" in our FAQ or on the Wiki.

Then Restore your license.  See the Purchase link above for details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up