INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When songs change, the computer is losing the connection to the USB  (Read 2001 times)

shaq

I am running the Alpha USB into an Alpha DAC running Windows 7 and MC 16.

When songs change, the computer is losing the connection to the USB. I have to physically unplug and replug the USB for it to recognize the Alpha USB again. Then I have to toggle the ASIO choices to make it start playing again. It worked reliably for a while, and now it has gotten progressively worse. I tried updating from MC 15 to 16, but that did not help.

For a while, I had to use ASIO4All. Now, when it works, it is through the Berkeley usb driver. I do not have an option to use WASAPI in MC. For a while, the WASAPI option was available in the menu, but I could not make it work. Now it is no longer there.

Any suggestions as to what I should try next? I'm thinking about deleting the Alpha USB driver and trying to remove all instances of it in the registry before re-installing it.

Phil_C

• Recent member

Shaq,

Did you ever get your problem fixed?  I also have a Berkeley Alpha USB (connected to a Benchmark DAC1 HDR by SPDIF digital coaxial cable) and when I change to a song with a different sample rate, the sound stops, even though the JRMC17 progress bar on screen shows the new song is still playing.  I have to unplug/replug the USB cable and reopen JRMC17 to fix it.  Have you had this problem too, or know of a fix?

Phil_C

Pages: [1]   Go Up