INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live URL link in a custom tag?  (Read 1769 times)

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Live URL link in a custom tag?
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:49:32 am »

For example, for a tune it would link back to one of many websites having commentary on the artist, album, etc.

Is this possible in a custom tag?

=====
Is there a text character limit in a custom "comment" tag?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Live URL link in a custom tag?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:40 pm »

It's not possible, but it's a really good idea in my opinion.

Even better would be a nice way to have a few links for a given file, maybe with a list type field "Links"?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:41 pm »

It's not possible, but it's a really good idea in my opinion.

Even better would be a nice way to have a few links for a given file, maybe with a list type field "Links"?

I'm all for this. Could also be cool when tagging people in photos and home videos, linking to their Facebook pages, for example.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:03:00 am »

Could also be cool when tagging people in photos and home videos, linking to their Facebook pages, for example.

But for photos, don't we want face-tagging? Then the face tags would presumably allow filtering by the selected tag or linking to Facebook via a context menu.

In addition to a link-type field, it would be nice to be able to embed links in text fields. It would also be useful if the links could be internal search expressions as well as external web links.

But let's not forget we've already got the Links feature. Since it doesn't require a separate link be saved for every value, it's likely more effective in any situation where a search of the source works most of the time.

rjm

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:45 am »

I asked for this about 4 years ago and lost hope.

It would be so great to be able to link to an external site for info and reviews.

And link to a local info txt file with content displayed as a popup when hovering.

While working in this area perhaps some cleanup could be made to info pop ups for those mysterious comment/note/description fields that behave differently for different media types. Sure wish they worked like podcasts for all media types. Also need some "best practice" guidance on which field does what for what purpose.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »

@rjm:  Have you seen any kind of database app that could be linked to .mp3 tags or filenames to pop up text and images?

rjm

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:15 pm »

@rjm:  Have you seen any kind of database app that could be linked to .mp3 tags or filenames to pop up text and images?
No I have not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up