INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play music to Yamaha RX-V867 receiver  (Read 6241 times)

contium

• World Citizen
Can't play music to Yamaha RX-V867 receiver
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:14:40 pm »

Now that my WD TV is working perfect (Thanks!), on to the next box lol.

As the title says, I'm unable to play music to my Yamaha RX-V867 receiver. I can select music on the receiver and it works fine. I can play to the receiver from other DLNA devices I have such as my Incredible 2 Android phone. I deleted all the DLNA servers and started with a fresh generic. Checked and unchecked DLNA, DLNA extra but still doesn't work. I really want to get this working because I like to listen to music with my TV off using Gizmo to select music and the receiver will display now playing information.

A side question, how do you specify which DLNA profile to use when playing to. I have 4 DLNA devices that have different capabilities. How do I know which one MC16 is using?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't play music to Yamaha RX-V867 receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

Now that my WD TV is working perfect (Thanks!), on to the next box lol.

As the title says, I'm unable to play music to my Yamaha RX-V867 receiver. I can select music on the receiver and it works fine. I can play to the receiver from other DLNA devices I have such as my Incredible 2 Android phone. I deleted all the DLNA servers and started with a fresh generic. Checked and unchecked DLNA, DLNA extra but still doesn't work. I really want to get this working because I like to listen to music with my TV off using Gizmo to select music and the receiver will display now playing information.

A side question, how do you specify which DLNA profile to use when playing to. I have 4 DLNA devices that have different capabilities. How do I know which one MC16 is using?
If the devices are different enough to require different settings you should create multiple DLNA servers naming them to correspond to the device.
The Yamaha handles only LCPM, MP3 and WMA.
It looks like the Yamaha SHOULD work with the default protocol. I assume you get the "can't control..." message when trying to push to it?
A wireshark dump would be nice. The method is described in various places in the forum. Email it to bob (at) jriver (dot) com. Thanks.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:04:32 pm »

And the error I get from MC16 when trying to play is:

"There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network setings."

and then:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:19:25 am »

Sorry, missed that question. When pushing to a DLNA renderer the server first in MC's list of servers is used.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:25:36 am »

Checked your dump. I see where it fails but not why. Can you uncheck BOTH DLNA and DLNAExtra in the advanced options of the first server in the list and try again?
You may have to restart MC and power cycle the receiver.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:01 am »

Any update on this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:46:11 am »

Did you try Bob's suggestions above?  What was the result?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 11:59:37 am »

Bob wanted a dump with those settings which I sent him (still failed obviously).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:59:52 am »

It's failing when we send it the play command after giving it the info about what to play. Your last dump shows you were just trying to play a plain mp3 file. The Yamaha doesn't seem to like something in the metadata or the play command itself.

If you try to play the file with MC, then send a play command using device spy from the Intel uPNP developer tools (it should use the last url sent to it) that would tell us whether the problem is the format of the play command or the meta data.

Another thing to try is to set the audio transcoding settings under DLNA configuration for the first profile to "always convert" "mp3 medium bandwidth" and under advanced set the sample rate to 48000.

Let us know if either of these makes a difference, thanks!

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 06:29:44 pm »

None of the changes made a difference but then all of a sudden it worked  ? Something must have finally stuck. Thanks!!!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:26 am »

None of the changes made a difference but then all of a sudden it worked  ? Something must have finally stuck. Thanks!!!
Interesting...
Sometimes when the renderer gets messed up, powercycling it helps to clear it up.

What are your current settings for the first DLNA server and are you using the test version I sent you or one of the distribution versions?

Thanks for your feedback!

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »

Got everything working with one of your test builds but am running 16.0.173 now and it seems fine. Will keep you updated if I run into any issues.

I have audio set to never convert (handles hi res flac files perfectly), with DLNA and DLNAExtra both checked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up