INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tried to transfer M3U playlist to HP Touchpad. Songs in playlist not displayed.  (Read 2058 times)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

I'm trying to transfer playlists to my HP Touchpad.  The M3U filename does show up in the music app, but there are (0) songs in them.  I've tried editing paths to no avail.  I also tried ASX, but the music app doesn't recognize that. 

Does anyone know how to format the playlist so that the music app will populate the songs in the list?

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

HP couldn't tell me the exact structure that the M3U file needed to be, but instead suggested I use their HP Play program to transfer songs and playlists.

I deleted the existing songs and playlists from the Touchpad, then used HP Play to transfer selected playlists.  This worked fine, however, I'm still curious to learn if Playlists can be transferred to the Touchpad without using HP Play.

In my case, I'm probably not going to move music back and forth too much now that I have a fair amount on the Touchpad.  However, I would've preferred to manage it with MC16, which worked fine except for the playlist part.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

HP Play is able to import an MC created simple M3U playlist, then using HP Play, you can send it to the Touchpad. 

I was able to view the file on the Touchpad in the HPMusic/Playlists folder. 
The format was: ../Artist/Album/Track

When opened with Notepad, there were no line returns, just a continuous file, without spaces between each track in the list.  I edited the MC produced M3U file to this format, and transferred it to the Touchpad, but the tracks in the playlist wouldn't display.  It looks like I'll have to use HP Play for moving playlists.

The HP Play software is buggy too.  I had it setup for Automatic Sync of Specified Playlists.  After connecting a few times with my testing, I noticed duplicate tracks on the Touchpad.  One song was on it 7 times.    There was no rhyme or reason to which songs duplicated.  I had to remove about 100 songs from a total of 1100.  I used MC 16 (by scrolling line by line) to find and remove the duplicates.  I set the Touchpad to Manual Sync to hopefully avoid more duplicates in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up