INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: 16.0.178 -> What does this mean?  (Read 2153 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Q: 16.0.178 -> What does this mean?
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:46:34 am »

"Skipped 1 file previously determined to be bad."

Just saw this for the first time on my first "manual" import of some new tracks this morning using 16.0.178.

MC does not list the file that is "bad"... can I somehow find out what it might be so I can check it?

Cheers,

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Q: 16.0.178 -> What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

Create a smartlist: ~d=b

You can Library Tools > Update Library From Tags to reanalyze a file and move it out of the bad location if analysis succeeds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:23:37 am »

Create a smartlist: ~d=b

You can Library Tools > Update Library From Tags to reanalyze a file and move it out of the bad location if analysis succeeds.

Where (what field) do I place ~d=b within the Smartlist?

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:49 am »

Add a smartlist (F9) > Import / Export > ~d=b > OK > OK
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:37:59 am »

Add a smartlist (F9) > Import / Export > ~d=b > OK > OK

Worked great.

EDIT: Even more troubling is that MC sees this file (a flac file) as "bad" yet - it plays fine in MC. Tags are fine...I am a bit confused on what it's seeing as "bad".
EDIT 2: I copied the entire album (11 tracks) to my local drive and completely deleted the enter from the MC db. Then I recopied the album (via Explorer) back out to my music share and rescanned the library - MC added all 11 tracks correctly - and it not reporting any files as bad. Gremlins? Oh well...it's all good now.

Request: Please consider listing any bad files right on that dialog (along with what exactly MC is determining to be "bad") that appears after Run Auto Import now is pressed.

Would be of much more value to instantly see and deal with bad files quickly and efficiently.

Cheers,

VP

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

You might want to check your disk health. Weird file errors like that are usually the beginning of the end.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »

You might want to check your disk health. Weird file errors like that are usually the beginning of the end.

Doubt it. These drives are enterprise class and reside on a dedicated Windows Server - and all my server logs are indicating nothing critical, no errors and no warnings of any kind.

Out of 50000 tracks - MC was reporting a mysterious "problem" with just this one single file. If it was a server disk problem - I am sure I would see much more than a single file giving me the stink eye and the server would be barking out all kinds of warnings.

Nope - I am leaning toward MC and some sort of "false positive" from whatever it's using to determine a file is "bad". When I copied the problem file locally - MC was able to read it's tags and play it just fine. On the server tho - it wouldn't even catalog or include the copy of this file in it's db. And then when I recopied the entire album back to the server (after deleting the entire old copy)...it read all files - including the problem one just fine.

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up