INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVR...Separate Install?  (Read 3667 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
MadVR...Separate Install?
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:15:52 pm »

Hi, i'm a member from the AVS forums, but decided to post a question here regarding MadVR.

I am still running in trial mode MC16, which I might add is a great program but still learning my way around it. I have read alot about the MadVR, and heard it was good but in my testing of different video files, MadVR doesn't appear at all when I look at the filters in the different videos I have tested. And I have the RO HQ selected. Do I need to install MadVR separately or does MC16 download it automatically? I am running this on my i3 530 Clarkdale HTPC using the built in GPU. If it doesn't work with it then may have to look into an external GPU card, but wanted some input on it first.

So far I am close to springing the $50 for the program, but need to play with it a bit more to see how it would do for regular use. Currently have been using WMC7 but may end up migrating to MC16...and just keep WMC for the Ceton card.

Thanks for any help!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: MadVR...Separate Install?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:26:15 pm »

MC will download and install madVR and use it when you are in HQ mode but it will not work with DXVA, so HW Accell needs to be OFF on your system (FYI HQ can also use LAVCUVID which is compatible with madVR but you need an nvidia based GPU).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:24 pm »

You may also find some the the GPU threads in this sub forum of interest.  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=10.0  I'm guessing but I think you will find your integrated Intel GPU may not be up to the task to run some formats well with madVR.
JRiver CEO Elect

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:55:57 pm »

Thanks for the response. I'll have a look at the sub thread you linked to. I'll have to see where I need to turn off the HW Accel on the system level. Probably should look into an Nvidia GPU at some point, depending on how the testing goes.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »

Sorry, I should have said it is an MC Setting in Tools --> Options --> Video --> [] Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible (make sure it is unchecked if you want madVR).
JRiver CEO Elect

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

Yes, that box is unchecked, but it still doesn't appear (The RO HQ is selected). I will keep working with it.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »

I had problems with an I3 onboard graphics chip I built for my sister. I finally went to a gt440 and all the problems went away. This was with JRiver software and TM5 also...

on a side note... The program is really worth the cash. There is no other program that will let you see all your media most any way you can think of. It did take me a bit to get the hang of it, and I am still learning... but it is remarkable what it can do....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48:16 pm »

Yes, that box is unchecked, but it still doesn't appear (The RO HQ is selected). I will keep working with it.

Then it should just load.  The only other case I can think of is when playing back DVD's (Disk, ISO, or Structure) as madVR will not load at this stage due to the restrictions of the MS Navigator Filter.  How are you confirming that madVR is not loading eg do you right click on the playing area --> Direct Show Filters and eyeball the list?
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryM

• Recent member
Re: Re: Re: MadVR...Separate Install?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »

I have that box checked and yet MadVR seems to be active.

Sorry, I should have said it is an MC Setting in Tools --> Options --> Video --> [] Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible (make sure it is unchecked if you want madVR).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Re: Re: MadVR...Separate Install?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:48:33 pm »

I have that box checked and yet MadVR seems to be active.

I "think" your GPU is an nvidia GT440 in which case you are OK as it will use LAV CUVID when HW Accell is ON and this is compatible with madVR.
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryM

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »

Yep, you're right I think. For interest here is my filter info...

This is playing a DVD ripped to mkv via Red October HQ.

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
        CLSID: {F74E834C-9C98-43ED-89B1-19A9DF82E774}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Text  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: C:\Users\DVD\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\madvr\madvr.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'LAV CUVID'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\DVD\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV CUVID'
        CLSID: {62D767FE-4F1B-478B-B350-8ACE9E4DB00E}
        Host: C:\Users\DVD\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav_cuvid\LAVCUVID.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'LAV CUVID'

Filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\DVD\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Text  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »

Then it should just load.  The only other case I can think of is when playing back DVD's (Disk, ISO, or Structure) as madVR will not load at this stage due to the restrictions of the MS Navigator Filter.  How are you confirming that madVR is not loading eg do you right click on the playing area --> Direct Show Filters and eyeball the list?

I do have a few MKV files I tested with and yes I did right-click on the playing screen as you mentioned and it wasn't there. Same with the Bluray and HD-DVD MKV playback. I'm sure I missed something somewhere but I will keep working until I find out. Sometimes its easy to miss things too.

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 02:50:35 am »

Ok I uninstalled and did a fresh install of MC16 and now the MadVR filter shows up in the Video section. And when I play back the MKV files MVR is displayed when I do the right-click to show the filters during play.

Odd that it didn't appear beforehand, but now it does so all is good! Now to work on the metadata and tagging.....

Thanks for the help! :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 04:59:21 am »

Great it is working - well done!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up