INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Defined Fields in the Track Info index.html  (Read 968 times)

guy007

• Recent member
User Defined Fields in the Track Info index.html
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:40:20 pm »

The Track Info Template SDK says it is possible to use custom or user defined field names in addition to the TRACKINFO_INSERT-....  options given in the SDK. I would like to add fields like Composer, Composition, Ensemble, CD_Label, etc.  to my Track Info Template. I've tried but failed to find the right formula. I think what I need to know is how to I "user define" a field in my html document so I can use it in a TRACKINFO_INSERT_??? line in my Template. Thx. Guy

guy007

• Recent member
Re: User Defined Fields in the Track Info index.html
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:42 am »

Maybe my request will be clearer if I show you the html code which I entered and the wrong result.

I began with:

// database fields
#define MF_COMPOSER            _T("Composer")

taken from the MJFields.h document referred to in the Track Info Template SDK

Then I changed:

<tr>
            <td class="tracka" align="right" valign="top">Artist:</td>
            <td class="trackb" valign="top">TRACKINFO_INSERT_ARTIST</td>
         </tr>

TO
<tr>
            <td class="tracka" align="right" valign="top">Composer:</td>
            <td class="trackb" valign="top">TRACKINFO_INSERT(Composer)</td>
         </tr>

The first code works fine since it is a supported field, and the contents of the Artist field are shown.  But the second lines of code give me: Composer: TRACKINFO_INSERT(Composer). I get exactly the same result if I omit the //database fields code, so that may be where my error is.

I've looked at many of the Track Info templates trying to find a place where a field is user defined, but can't find one. If someone who knows HTML could just show me where my code is wrong or point me to a section of an existing Template where a field is "user defined", I would really appreciate it. Guy

Pages: [1]   Go Up