INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Albums are all screwed up !!!  (Read 908 times)

Mike

My Albums are all screwed up !!!
« on: May 24, 2002, 08:47:25 am »

I had a problem with some files.....so I decided to delete all the files and reimport them.

Now it seems like there are a couple of albums that have hijacked lots of files......some of my albums have lost songs to these hijackers.

Am I going to have to redo all of my album properties.....we're talking about alot here!

Is this going to happen again?    What's up with the id3 tags......do they even work....'cause it looks seriously flawed.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.278

CPU: Intel Pentium III 798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 24 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: 2.30 , ASPI for Win32, Copyright (C) 2001 LSI Logic
Aspi32.sys: N/A

shelly

RE:My Albums are all screwed up !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 10:09:16 am »

Mike, it sounds like you did the same thing that I did earlier in the week.  Did you right click on an album or artist in the tree to do the import? I'm not quite sure about the value of this function, but it imports files directly into the album or artist that you've selected.  About 500 of my files changed to the artist I had clicked on.  Fortuately the file name didn't change.  I was able to select all of the files, click on properties, then tools ----> Fill properties from file name.  All artists names were restored.  From now on I'll do my imports through Explorer.  Hope this helps.
Shelly

Endymion

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 11:20:37 pm »

Same thing happened to me.  I was just clicking on songs in the Media Libray Artist/Album view and all of a sudden a Kraftwerk track had it's artist name changed to another artist.   I exited and restarted and found that the Kraftwerk track was now in the folder for the other artist and had to edit the properties to rename the artist and get it back where it should be.   Not sure exactly what sequency of clicks I did to cause this but was just selecting songs.

Listening to: 'Musik Non Stop' from 'The Mix (german)' by 'Kraftwerk' on Media Jukebox

-John

Mike

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2002, 11:42:58 pm »

Sounds like you guys had the artist name change.......mine was the album name change.....somethings wierd here.

MJ please look into this.....because it can seriously screw things up.

Electronic Joe

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 06:02:44 am »

I've had the same experience as you guys. Suddlenly Dr Dre was John Lennon etc.. Next Page

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 08:06:14 am »

Strange...

Could it have been an accidental in-place edit or drag-n-drop?

If you find a reproducible scenario where MJ goofs up, please let us know and we'll fix it right away.

Also, make sure you enable "Options->General->Update tags when file info changes" to keep MJ and your tags synchronized.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jules

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2002, 09:30:01 am »

I'm not sure how I was able to accomplish it, but I had a similar situation when every song in my library became 'The Beatles - The White Album'. I took me weeks to fix.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2002, 09:42:49 am »

Well, if anything else, make frequent backups so even if there is some error (MJ or human), you won't be out much time...

Later.

-Matt

Jules

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2002, 09:46:41 am »

Theoretically, yes. My particular problem wrote this data back into all of my tags, not just the database, so all 25,000 or so files were screwed up.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2002, 09:56:17 am »

Jules,

If the database is correct, just select all the files, go to properties, select "Update All" and click "Save".  It'll update all the tags to have the info that's in the MJ database.  So, a backup would have bailed you out.

Another good thing is to keep all the info in the filenames, so you can just rebuild the tags using File Properties -> Tools...

Later.

-Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up