INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DWAnderson: Smartlists with DLNA  (Read 2157 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
DWAnderson: Smartlists with DLNA
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »

Smartlists in MC 16 are not working according to spec, as I have mentioned in a couple threads for several months. The relevant portion of the Wiki entry reads:

To make UPnP devices work well with random smartlists, the UPnP server keeps track of which collections have been queried recently. If a collection is far enough away to mean that the user has browsed to a different portion of the tree, then the next time the smartlist is visited a new order will be returned. Far enough means at least the grandparent of the smartlist, or a nephew or an aunt. Merely browsing to the parent and back is not enough, nor a sibling.

But with MC16 any navigation, no matter where you go in the tree fails to refresh the smartlist.

More here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63551.msg436172#msg436172

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:49 pm »

Smartlists in MC 16 are not working according to spec, as I have mentioned in a couple threads for several months. The relevant portion of the Wiki entry reads:

But with MC16 any navigation, no matter where you go in the tree fails to refresh the smartlist.

More here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63551.msg436172#msg436172

Did you test 16.0.160?  Because we tried to fix this, although it might vary by device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »

Did you test 16.0.160?  Because we tried to fix this, although it might vary by device.

Yes. This report is based on testing build 160. Let me know if you need additional detail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DWAnderson: Smartlists with DLNA
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:15 pm »

Like I mentioned, we tried to make sure a smartlist gets reevaluated with each new browse.

What device are you using?  How are you navigating?  If you go all the way to the root and drill back into Playlists\Your Smartlist does it refresh?

Thanks.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:36:05 am »

Like I mentioned, we tried to make sure a smartlist gets reevaluated with each new browse.

What device are you using?  How are you navigating?  If you go all the way to the root and drill back into Playlists\Your Smartlist does it refresh?

Thanks.

This occurs using the Roku Soundbridge and Plug Player on IOS.

Navigating by selecting the smartlist in the tree, then backing up outside of the playlists to select other music, playing that, then returning to the smartlist in the tree.

None of that refreshes the smartlist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:54:26 am »

Are you saying it happens with both Plug Player and Roku separately, or only when you use the two together?

Thanks.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:55 pm »

Are you saying it happens with both Plug Player and Roku separately, or only when you use the two together?

Thanks.

It happens with both separately.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »

Thanks for the details.  We'll get it fixed in a coming build.

There may still be some time delay (like a minute) before a smartlist will be rerun, because otherwise devices that asked a series of questions like "tell me about file 1", "tell me about file 2", etc. could get strange answers.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 10:03:51 am »

Thanks for the details.  We'll get it fixed in a coming build.

There may still be some time delay (like a minute) before a smartlist will be rerun, because otherwise devices that asked a series of questions like "tell me about file 1", "tell me about file 2", etc. could get strange answers.

This seems to be fixed in the latest build. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up