INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Remote Control ... part 2  (Read 964 times)

DocLotus

Creative Remote Control ... part 2
« on: May 24, 2002, 05:54:29 am »

I am using a Creative IR remote control (RM-900) that came with my Audigy Platinum SoundBlaster. It works fine on my CD drive but not on MJ8. I’ve tried all 4 of the JRiver remote plug-ins but none seem to work with the Creative remote. Any ideas? Maybe a new plug-in?

The remote control that came with my ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 video card works just fine with my CD drive but on MJ 8 the skip ahead & skip back jumps two selections instead of the normal one.  Any ideas.

I am also using a Logitech wireless keyboard & it works just fine with my CD drive & MJ8. Volume, Pause, Stop, Skip ahead & back all work. I know that the Logitech drivers support several Media Players (Real, etc).

shelly

RE:Creative Remote Control ... part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 06:11:23 am »

Hi Doc,
Same problem here with my Audigy remote and have also not had success with the plug-ins.
What driver are you using for your logitech keyboard?  I don't have the cordless, but my keyboard uses the same driver as the cordless and only the volume control functions.  MJ is not one of the supported applications listed on Logitech's website.  I've tried to edit the registry to make MJ the default media player for the keyboard, but that didn't work.  
Shelly

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 06:35:54 am »

Hi Shelly;

Under Win 98, I used the Logitech Cordless iTouch drivers which support Real, MusicMatch & some others.  Works just fine on MJ8.  I think this is because if you go to MJ's "Help/About Media Jukebox" pull-down & click on the right arrow button you will see a screen stating... "Media playback powered by Real Networks Real Player".  So I think the keyboard commands are one & the same for Real JukeBox, RealOne & MJ 8.

One word of note...  when I first got by Logitech keyboard (in late 1999, I think) the drivers that came with the keyboard did not support Real Audio.  Logitech soon came out with a new iTouch driver that supported several Juke Boxes.  So, I suggest you go to the Logitech site & download the latest driver for your keyboard.  That should fix the problem. Be very carefull with your driver selection at the Logitech site as there are now many iTouch drivers.  Turn your keyboard over & look for a sticker that has the EXACT name of you keyboard on it.

Under Win XP I use no special driver as the Logitech drivers are built into Win XP & they work great on MJ8.

Have fun!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 06:45:30 am »

Doc
> So I think the keyboard commands are one & the same for Real JukeBox, RealOne & MJ 8.

No.  Not the same.

And playback is only through Real's playback engine for a few file types.  Some are also through WMP.  Most are through our own playback engine.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

shelly

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 07:17:47 am »

I modified player.ini per your suggestion, Jim, and it's working great now.  The only key that doesn't work is 'media', which lists every player on my system except, MJ.  

The following is taken from Logitech's website:
Q. What players work with the iTouch software?
A. At this time, the iTouch software supports the following Media Players. Logitech is actively pursuing the implementation of support for other popular players. Please visit the iTouch web site or use the "Web Update" feature to check for new releases of the iTouch software which may support newer media players.

MS CD Deluxe player (from Plus!pack)
Creative labs Play Center
Windows MediaPlayer, v7.0 and v 8.0
WinAmp 2..65 and 2.71
Sonique Version 1.9 and Version 2.0
AudioSoft Virtuosa
Voyetra AudioStation32
Axialis
WillowPond
RealJukebox Version 1.0 and Version 2.0
RealAudio Version 7 and Version 8
MusicMatch Version 5 and Version 6
LiquidPlayer version 5.3
Internet Explorer 4.0 and above (the Play key will be supported in the mode set by View, Toolbars, Radio mode)

Maybe we'll see MJ8 as one of the supported drivers in the future???  

I appreciate all of the advise and now I'm going to start pressing my newly functional keys!

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up