INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong playing vob/ifo on GIZMO?  (Read 3070 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
What am I doing wrong playing vob/ifo on GIZMO?
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:00:00 am »

I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and from there I cannot get GIZMO to play VOB/IFO files anymore.
I must say I had a problem in XP getting the right aspect ratio though but at least they did play.
I seems it didn't stretch out to the sides which made it look like a sort of 4:3 movie.

I now get a line (which I cannot see totally, it starts more to the left than I can see) saying (probably) it can not find the file.
With "WebPlay" (I normally use the 32 bit Internet Explorer) I can choose and play music and pictures but when choosing a video the screen stays white. No player appears.
On GIZMO at least a player is shown. I DO have flash player installed.

I do get avi files on GIZMO. For a second or so I see the image like the 4:3 style, but then it stretches to the sides.
I don't have subs though. I use .srt files that have the same name as the .avi files.

GIZMO works great as a remote too. I bought a JBL WEM-1 for our kitchen and working from my main PC upstairs I get all the music I want. Also adjusting the volume works great.
Basicly I got everything the way I want with some minor problems. I hope somebody knows what i'm doing wrong or should do to make this also work for me.

Thanks for any help,

Theo

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What am I doing wrong playing vob/ifo on GIZMO?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:31:16 am »

Anyone please...?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:33 pm »

Please try 16.0.179.  There was a problem playing naked VOB files that weren't part of a DVD.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 02:43:04 am »

Matt, I'm using the latest version! The one before gave me the DVD movie, but with a wrong aspect ratio.
I don't even know what "Naked vob files" are, I assume without the ifo etc? I rip a dvd to hd only.

Also why do I get a white screen with Internet Explorer (8) when I want to see movies (avi, mkv vob) on WebPlay?
Images and muziek are shown/played.
On GIZMO I do get avi and mkv.

I have downloaded FlashPlayer 11 so it works now on both 32 and 64 bit.
I might need extra files to have WebPlay work on video, and GIZMO on vob/ifo files. Since it's a clean Windows 7 install I might not have all the files there that I need?

Maybe I should uninstall MC16 totally and install it again?

Regards,

Theo

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:50 pm »

I have been seeing this problem lately to while trying to access DVD rips to TS.  MKV files play fine but no dice on my DVD rips on my Thunderbolt or my Galaxy 10.1 Tablet.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 01:40:55 pm »

I think we found it.

In a build coming soon:
Fixed: Playback of DVD on Android using Gizmo was not working properly in some cases.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up