INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get disc to rip, 250+ others no problem, new  (Read 2035 times)

idsticky

• Recent member
Can't get disc to rip, 250+ others no problem, new
« on: October 06, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »

So I have this CD I own Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington MFSL, I want to RIP it to my Library using JRiver with Flac encoding, have 250+ successful rips before this, a bit stumped on what to do next??

Message from JRiver is "The output directory could not be created for one or more files.  Please double check the output directory in ripping options"

File name:   Together for the First Time  - The Great Reunion\Track01.cda

suggestions?

ID

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get disc to rip, 250+ others no problem, new
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:39:47 pm »

Message form JRiver is "The output directory could not be created for one or more files.  Please double check the output directory in ripping options"

So what output directory is MC using as a target for the files? Check Seems that target is not valid in some way? (and this has nothing to do with the filename you mentioned)

Also - seems that MC is giving you some erroneous info as well - as there is no output location specified under the "CD, DVD and BD" item when selected under options....at least I don't see one in 16.0.179....

VP

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

Output Directory?  I am new to ripping and computer audiophile.
How would I find out what output directory MC is using?  I really don't know!
My files are presently in a folder labled music.
I ripped a file right after I had this problem,  I thought it was a name issue, i tried re-naming the file didn't work, Disc plays fine.

ID

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »

I had this issue in the past when there was a forbidden character (?:\/ etc or some exotic unicode one) in either Artist, Album or Trackname.
Sometime you cant see the (e.g. russian) characters on display. Best bet is you replace all metadata by cut and paste from another source like amg before rip.
Just a guess
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

lpcalcaterra

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:19:50 pm »

Same situation here. I do not see any odd charactors in the name:
Oleo/Miles Davis Quintet/The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1 965 (Disc 3 - Dec 22, 1965 - 3rd Set)
File name would be:The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1 965 (Disc 3 - Dec 22, 1965 - 3rd Set)\Track02.cda

I think that the title is just tooo long. ?

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:14:36 am »

Same situation here. I do not see any odd charactors in the name:
Oleo/Miles Davis Quintet/The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1 965 (Disc 3 - Dec 22, 1965 - 3rd Set)
File name would be:The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1 965 (Disc 3 - Dec 22, 1965 - 3rd Set)\Track02.cda

I think that the title is just tooo long. ?
Unlikely. Too long means the complete filepath exceeds 256 characters. Very rare running into this limitation if you tag Pop/Rock and mostly if you use the [Artist] - [Album] - [Track] - [Name] rule. More often to happen if you tag Classical, though.
As for your example my guess is the filepath would be something like this: [driveletter]\[music or something]\Miles Davis Quintet\The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1 965 (Disc 3 - Dec 22, 1965 - 3rd Set)\02 - Oleo
Hardly more than 256, even if you set the [Artist] - [Album] - [Track] - [Name] rule
Something other must be on

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:45 pm »

Track02.cda???

What format are you ripping to?
cda is CD format, won't do on a HD

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 03:32:35 pm »

Track02.cda???

What format are you ripping to?
cda is CD format, won't do on a HD
The destination format is not on display in the rip window.
It's always [album]\trackxx.cda
I'm sure lpcalcaterra just posted what he saw in the rip window.

lpcalcaterra

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:41:05 am »

Yeah Andy your are correct. I post what saw on the rip screen.

I still can not figure this out. I have ripped the other 6 disks in the box set with the same name convention without issue. Tried ripping in MC15 and MC16 on other PC same error.

How do you remove the meta data? I can add back once rip is complete.

Larry

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:41:33 am »

Yeah Andy your are correct. I post what saw on the rip screen.

I still can not figure this out. I have ripped the other 6 disks in the box set with the same name convention without issue. Tried ripping in MC15 and MC16 on other PC same error.

How do you remove the meta data? I can add back once rip is complete.

Larry

Quite easy
Best practice before rip:
Insert your cd and choose "Take no  action", this gives you control to change tags before rip
The rip window will open without starting the rip and now you can change the tags by two ways:
a: Mark all files (CTRL & A), go to the first track and right click on Artist, choose edit (or use F2). This will change all Artist tracks. Same with Album
Mark a single track and use the same way to change trackname (or track# etc)
b: Mark all files (CTRL & A), open the Action Window (lower left) and choose tag. On the upper left of the tag box is an icon (Tools) that let you control which tag fields are shown. Hint: Take notice of "Also Show". Here you can change the tag values of either all files or single ones if you mark only one (to change the trackname)

Use the same practice to change tags of already imported (ripped) files
You can do this either in the library or by navigating to the files via Drives & Devices

Good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up