INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options Library files  (Read 1298 times)

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
Options Library files
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »

Are the options stored in a separate file in the Library files?  I liked the idea of having those stored with the library, but i've found that there are things i want to do with MC differently at different locations (mostly home, where i watch video vs work, where i don't).  I keep the library in sync between locations, but i'd like to exclude the options for now. Can anyone tell me where they're stored?

thanks,
steve
-steve

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Options Library files
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 03:14:36 am »

You can choose to ignore options when restoring. That should accomplish what you want. I don't think you want to be messing with the library data manually :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

zurn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »

You're right, i don't.  But in the past i would sync only some field files and that worked fine (play stats, mostly).  But the way that i keep my library in sync between locations, i don't restore, so that won't work for me.

The main reason i'm asking is because while i want all audio info to be the same all the way around, Theater View tweaking and particularly auto-import options don't really apply at work. The theater view stuff doesn't matter too much, but it bothers me to always have auto-import searching locations it doesn't need to.

If i'm alone in this i'll live, just thought there might be an easy answer.

-steve
-steve

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 05:47:29 am »

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to get different Theater View setups when you're doing syncs. Clients will get the View setup from the server.
I'm not sure about the import options though. I would have thought that this is library dependent, and that the LS clients would not import a thing?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up