INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 tumbnail not showing in Theater View - and how to edit Movie Info  (Read 1758 times)

Jake81

• Recent member

Hello,

Some titles from TV series are not showing in Theater View.

For example,

I've imported 5 episodes from Band of Brothers in mkv format, 4 of them are correctly viewable in Theater View in the section Television and 1 is showing in the section of Movies.
How can i get this back in the section Television.

Is there a possibility to edit the movie info.

thanks anyway.

Jake

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 1 tumbnail not showing in Theater View - and how to edit Movie Info
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »

Yes you can easily edit the tags of media subtype, and change from movie to TV Show. However, you have to exit Theater View and enter Standard View in order to do so.

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:06:46 pm »

To add to what fitbrit has said...

What has happened here is MC attempted to "guess" [Media Sub Type], and apparently failed for one of your episodes. The program does this so it can include your media in the view you expect to find it—even if you haven't tagged the file. In this case, it uses the rule [Media Sub Type]=[TV Show] to determine files to display in the "Television" views.

In general, most fields in the library can be edited, and you can add any number of custom fields. For editing purposes, it's useful to have a Standard view in which all fields you may need to edit are displayed as columns (i.e., in a "details" style view). Those fields can then be edited directly in that view, or in the tagging window—which, by default, will list all the fields displayed in the view.

Although default views are provided, it should be understood Theatre views are completely configurable. That includes the Rules for file display, the hierarchy of Categories used to filter the files, the Caption for each file, and the File Info Panels used to display the file details. So you always have the choice of modifying the default views to suit your needs, or simply building your own. If, for example, all your series are found in D:\Video\Series\, you might decide a better Rule for file display for your series is [Filename (path)]=[D:\Video\Series\]. You would then not need to rely on "media sub type guessing" for your views.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:57 pm »

^^ What Rick said^^
There is tremendous flexibility in how you see your media. It just takes some effort to delve into the possibilities.

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:11 am »

Thanks,

I'll give it a try en let you know.

Jake

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:48:07 am »

Hello,

I've tried a couple of things with the tagging and it looks nice.
The TV series are showing up where there belong so I am very happy.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Grtz,

Jake81

:D :D :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up