INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Album Cover Art at 100% image size in views  (Read 1579 times)

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
Display Album Cover Art at 100% image size in views
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »

How do you display in a view the album cover art at the actual image size without scaling up/down?

Thanks!!!
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Display Album Cover Art at 100% image size in views
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:03:27 pm »

You can adjust the thumbnail size slider at the top right of the view, but there's no "100% of original" setting.

You could use Cover Art > Copy to Clipboard and paste in an image editor if you're trying to look at the pixel level.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »

Thanks Matt for the fast reply! Under the Playing Now -> Track Info -> Simple will not scale the thumbnail. (until some hot point is reached then it will shrink it). Can you, meaning, me, create my own "Track Info" type so I can have the view I want?

BTW, why isn't there some way to set in the configuration display as 100% (I realize this feature it isn't going to be in big demand, but shouldn't it be relatively easy to implement with minimal risk at creating problems?)

Thanks for all the feedback!
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »

You can make (or download other) Track Info templates.  They're simple HTML, and stored in [MC Install]\Visualizations\Track Info.

The 100% idea for a thumbnail list is complicated, because you're normally looking at a thumbnail not the actual image.  That means we don't even really have the original image size in the case of audio files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:10:20 pm »

In standard view you can get a look at your cover art at 100%. If you need to know how, I'd be happy to say how. Were you meaning only in Theater View though? For my movies I usually try to use full DVD cover art, including the back of the DVD, rather than poster format images. Before MC had metadata solutions, looking at the cover art at 100%, or rather full screen, was my workaround for reading movie synopses. It would definitely be nice to do this in TheaterView too.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 01:42:04 am »

For reading the liner notes, full booklets, etc I have imported lots of other image files in addition to the smaller front cover image that is linked as cover art (for many of my music albums and lately also for movies).

I use them in image slide shows during music playback or simply view them in Images views. I also have views that list the audio files and the image files from the album folder.

You can find many of my old, but possibly still quite useful cover art related replies by following this link:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59513.msg449291#msg449291
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up