INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing media type for blu-ray iso's  (Read 1975 times)

wallacedog

changing media type for blu-ray iso's
« on: July 09, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

Hi
I'm new to MC and am struggling a little with changing the media type especially for ripped blu-ray iso's. They currently display really well in the 'Documents' library but what is the process (step by step please if possible) for moving them across to the 'Video' library and then showing up under Movies in Theatre View. Several posts I've read say all you have to do is 'change the media type' but I can't find anywhere the method of actually achieving this.  Any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: changing media type for blu-ray iso's
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  When you edit tags, you may not see all that are available, but there is an option to show "All tags". 

ISO handling probably doesn't work well yet.

wallacedog

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:50:53 pm »

Thanks mate. Worked a treat. By the time I work through all the nuances of this program I believe it will fulfill all my needs of an HTPC media centre. Cheers. :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

Thanks mate. Worked a treat. By the time I work through all the nuances of this program I believe it will fulfill all my needs of an HTPC media centre. Cheers. :)

You can also do "in-place" editing, by right-ciicking on one of the column headings and choosing media subtype to be shown. You can then select all your ISOs, right click on any one of their media subtype entries (probably set as 'data' at this point), and choose rename. You can also just press f2 and rename it to video.

babgvant

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  When you edit tags, you may not see all that are available, but there is an option to show "All tags". 

ISO handling probably doesn't work well yet.

Had this changed?  I can't get my BD ISO to import.

babgvant

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »

Had this changed?  I can't get my BD ISO to import.

NM, I think I found the answer.  Would it be possible to add a setting allowing users to import ISO as a video type (or configurable media type)?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »

They should import fine, it is just the "Media Type" = "Data" and you can just change the tag to "Video" so it will appear in the same video view.  I still have 72 ISO I've yet to convert to structures and they all mount, and play fine.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »

It is old now but have a look at the description for managing ISO under MC13 here in the wiki http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up