INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source switching and control -- AKA JRiver as AVR?  (Read 1699 times)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Source switching and control -- AKA JRiver as AVR?
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

Is there any way for MC to behave like a receiver?  To be specific, I'd like to plug an external source (a record player for example) into my PC's line input (MAudio Delta 410) and use MC to route the incoming sound through its zone controls.  Any way to do that?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Source switching and control -- AKA JRiver as AVR?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »

This isn't currently possible, save for using a VST DSP plug-in that allows input.

However, it's something that guys like me that use a power amplifier hooked straight to Media Center would really like.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:04:41 am »

I'd be willing to give the plug-in route a try if anyone knows of such a plug-in that might work.  Would the plug-in's data stream somehow show up as a device in MC's left menu?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:39 pm »

However, it's something that guys like me that use a power amplifier hooked straight to Media Center would really like.

And you know there are many more of us that would also like it! (Mojave, where are you Michael?) We especially need it to use the full functionality of REW.

Rod

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:19:56 pm »

And you know there are many more of us that would also like it! (Mojave, where are you Michael?) We especially need it to use the full functionality of REW.

Rod
I am using JRiver for a subwoofer GTG on October 22. It will handle all playback and EQ duties. By playing back in JRiver the Pink PN noise file generated by REW's generator one can get identical results to the normal method of running sweeps. While playing back the Pink PN noise while using REW's RTA module you can quickly see the effect of EQ, crossovers, slopes, distances settings, and sub location. You can even save the RTA graph and use it to generate the filters for JRiver's Parametric EQ. I plan to do a more extensive write up after the GTG. You get the full functionality of REW and a quicker method of EQing!

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:19:14 pm »

Thanks Mojave for the updated method with pink noise. Sounds good! Will it do Waterfalls now? Seems like when I did some pink noise testing in the past I couldn't get them. Later this winter I hope to get some time to do a lot with REW so I'll look forward to your write up.

Good luck with the GTG - sounds like a lot of fun, but I know you guys also put a lot of work into it. Will also be looking forward to your reports from it.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up