INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming TV / Radio  (Read 1592 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Streaming TV / Radio
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:51 am »

Hi there,

I am hoping to us MC on a media server in my home.  If I have a TV/Radio card in the computer can I then watch live TV on another computer or tablet in my home?  That is, can I stream Live TV / Radio from the media computer?  Would I need to purchase copies of MC for each computer in my home to access the server or do I do this via zones?

BTW, I also have a slingbox and wonder if it can be integrated into MC somehow (ie., does MC support slingbox?)

What I am trying to do is use one interface/pgm to run all the media sources in my home.  I am still trying to figure out if MC will meet my needs.  It seems to be an extrenely powerful program and I will likely purches simp[ly to test it out properly.  I tried the Media Jukebox but it does not allow zones so it was rather useless for my needs.

dave

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Streaming TV / Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:24:00 am »

Please read purchase and license to get answers regarding license.

Right now stream live TV from server is still work in progress.  For now you need to record shows on the server and then watch them from any client computers.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Wernstar

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:59 am »

Has this been solved? Im trying to achieve the same thing here. Streaming from my two HDHomerun tuners to DLNA enabled devices across my home network. Finding the tuners and setting them is fine. Windows Medie Center sees the channels when I add to the "TV" playlist, but wont play them. They seem to be empty.

Best Regards
Wernstar

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »

With HDHomerun you can access the tuner from any computer on your network.  Just run MC on the computer where you want to watch.  On the other hand, you can also use client-server setting and watch live TV show on a client machine while the tuner is being used on the Media Server.  Streaming live TV to DLNA probably does not work.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

On the other hand, you can also use client-server setting and watch live TV show on a client machine while the tuner is being used on the Media Server.  Streaming live TV to DLNA probably does not work.
Yaobing, what's the chance of making this work?  Is it a significant step beyond streaming between MC  server & client?  I would really like to be able to watch DVB-S channels on my DVB-T TV and iPad.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up