INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging information  (Read 1944 times)

stevecramer22

Tagging information
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:48:56 pm »

I rip music Cd's with Windows Media Player Version: 12.0.7601.17514. Ripping them to WMA pro w/o copy protection @ 192Kbps.

The tags are further refined/saved using ID3v1 with some chatter about ID3v2 format, using the program: Tag&Rename 3.5.7 (registered)

The tags for 'publisher' are no longer being written or updating in MC 16.0.179 and information written in MC is not showing up in Tag&Rename
or windows own file explorer (windows7 Ult 64x)

Note: I rebuilt the library of approx 220,000 tracks with 129,000 not updated the publisher tag. I've been diligent in making sure this
information was there in the first place.

I just recently (yesterday) ripped 30 new albums and updating the 'publisher' tag in MC is not happening. But again the information
is showing up in both Tag&Rename and windows explorer.

No clue why this is happening now with MC16 as this hasn't been a problem with any other versions of MC (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)?

Thanks for some help,

stevecramer22

Re: Tagging information
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:08:23 pm »

I can't be the only one with problems with version 16? This is new as 15, 14, 13, 12 etc.etc. worked fine.

I've rebuilt the information 3 times and still the problem remains. The tag infor for any number of  areas like Album Artist or Publisher and even Year.

I have just over 220,000 song titles now. Version 16 imported auto from 15 but left much information behind or just plain wrong.

Nothing I've tried helps. In fact information written by media center 16 is not written in a standard format that even windows or DOS can read. Other programs like tag&name writes information that will not show in 16 but everywhere else. Most things written by 16 will not show up anywhere else as viewable.

I've removed and re-installed but I get no difference.

I left Media Center 15 in the system but is has stopped working properly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »

You may not have your tags stored in your files.  They may be only stored in MC's database.

Try using MC 15 to correct that.  Select a few files that you have problems with and use the Library Tool/Update tags from library.

stevecramer22

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

Thanks JimH,

The information is in the windows file explore (window7 ultimate 64x). Right click any mp3, wma, mp4 I have and the information (stay with publisher tag) is right there. Tag&name program has the info. Windows Media player (12.0.7601.17514) has the information. If I rip with windows media player the information is always there.

If I rip with media center 16 (.179) it's not there and windows file explorer doesn't see it or tag&name or windows media player.

I just rip a new Cd and I hand typed the information in and it will still not write to the file. No other programs I have can see the publisher/label information plus it will not write tag info in the Album Artist field either.

Is there some option I haven't seen or found yet that will turn on or off separate tag info from the on-line metadata database?

All the information was there with media center 15 and all earlier version.  Still need help!

stevecramer22

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:39 pm »

Perhaps you turned off tag writing?  Options > General > Update tags when file info changes

You can manually tag using Library Tools > Update Tags (from library).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:28 pm »

It is likely that the tag you are filling in has a different name than the one you see in other programs.  It must match exactly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up