INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: encoding AAC  (Read 1581 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
encoding AAC
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:11:51 am »

I had been encoding AAC by using QT's qaac encoder as an external encoder.  I believe it was Glynor who posted several excellent posts that provided the command line switchs for bot aac encoders from Apple & Nero, but I'm not able to find it.  I had been using a version of qaac.eve that worked with Glynor's switches, but the most recent version (v.1.39) just hangs at 50% (after MC has created the temporary wav file). Have the commandline switches changed??

extenal reference:
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\qaac_1.39\x86\qaac.exe

commandline switches:
--tvbr 111 -s %IN -o %OUT

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: encoding AAC
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 06:33:20 am »

I'm not too sure why ... but the above combination of referencing and parameterizing does work.  Perhaps it was in response to restarting MC, or rebooting after installing QT.  I never was able to find Glynor's post for parameterizing QT as well as Nero, but the above yields VBR AAC as m4a files with a bitrate of 200-275 kbps (... or lower, depending on the quality of the source).  The parameter '111' would range from 1 to 127.  The Nero encoder parameterizes quite differently ...

More info re QT's implementation for encoding AAC (lossy) and ALAC (lossless) can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/home

Cheerios  :o)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

sunfire7

Re: encoding AAC
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:55 am »

8) Great it is solved
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up