INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 16340 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:50 am »

Anyone who is interested in this issue, could you please download the 1920x1080 screenshots and try them (e.g. in MC's full screen display view on a HD television screen). Which one do you prefer?

[ I was about to post this a couple of hours ago (i.e. before Matt's reply), but the forum went off-line. ]
I also prefer the external one. It is more readable for me and almost like the one I was using with ffdshow raw). Thanks Matt for looking into this! Waitng for the tuned subs...

Then if only DVB subtitles (or at least teletext subs) and recording multiple channels from the same frequency (it's a big deal for DVB-T/C/S users) were supported. Maybe after that I could convince myself to ditch DVBViewer.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 11:28:12 am »

I would like a native basic TrackInfo designer for those HTML dummies like me, with some background and collocation templates and a configuration tool for choosing what fields to show.

pjchappy

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »

Didn't see this mentioned -- I would like to see full support for MC as a client.  Perfect for those who use MC on their server, so they don't have to log-in to run MC. 

I am running it as a client via a workaround, but it means I have to shut-down the service when I log-on to my PC, then shut down the service, and finally run MC.

Paul

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 07:53:39 am »

The radio interface of MJ is very poor.
Therefore, I would also have a wish for MJ 17:
A better interface not only for TV and everything else, but also for radio listeners. At the moment, only in the mini-view, it is possible to get information about the song and the artist. Why is it not possible to display the information in the Track Info window? Doing this would also result in a theater view a better image
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

steviewonders

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:09 pm »

I'd find it really useful if you could take say 6 or so snap shots of a video and have them displayed as a preview when you hover the cursor over that video or whatever. I have a lot of video clips where the thumbnail alone isn't really sufficient for me to know what the video is about. If there was a snapshot of the video at 6 incremental points then i'd easily be able to tell what happens in the video without having to load it.

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
DSD streaming over ASIO
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »

You guys are the best

Send my regards to Matt!

Cheers

Thomas

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 01:23:17 am »

The ability to hide/turn off/disbale play doctor.  I'd upgrade instantly!

I second that

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2011, 01:37:07 pm »

I want a toolbar button to toggle tooltips on and off,  please...

h8maintenance

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

I'd really like to have a single command to show/hide the default subtitles as per user settings instead of having to use the arrows multiple times. I mostly use MC with a remote and a one click command would be awesome.

swst

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »

I would like -

Be able to queue youtube videos. I use youtube like a video jukebox, queuing videos in separate windows and dropping onto a second monitor.

I like using the native web version of youtube within media center but its a pain that you cant add youtube videos into the playing now playlist.

If there is a way of doing this already please let me know! ( I realised that you can download and then queue videos but that's not very user friendly)

Thanks heaps!

BrianD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2011, 07:05:24 am »

Hi,

Somewhere a couple of months back I was sure I saw a thread that had what was planned for MC17 this year.  I can't seem to find that thread now,  has it been moved/removed?
One item I remember seeing on that list was an iPhone/iPad version of Gizmo.

Is it still planned to create this in the coming year?  I am trying to decide whether to wait for the iPad version to be released or go out and buy a galaxy tablet.
I also remember seeing the ability to stream Live TV from the server to a remote like Gizmo.

My main reason for enquiring is to determine the best option for ultimately being able to stream Live TV (& music of course) from MC Server to a mobile Tablet around the house.
The other main feature I require is to control playback in various zones with the abilty to link/unlink them from the tablet.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2011, 12:30:15 am »

The ability to click on the icon next to a directory tree, and have it add the media tracks in the directory to the Now Playing playlist - as if loading an album
Winamp has this functionality if you would like to see how it works - but I think it is very handy.

rick.ca

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2011, 04:02:14 am »

The ability to click on the icon next to a directory tree, and have it add the media tracks in the directory to the Now Playing playlist - as if loading an album

Shell integration is already available—if enabled in Options > General. A set of MC commands (including Add to Playing Now) are added to all Explorer file and folder context menus.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2011, 04:57:53 am »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response

I can see the current shell integration, and it works when I select all tracks and follow the right click tree and add to Now Playing.
Also it works by adding ALL files to Now Playing (including txt/jpgs etc.) when I click on the icon next to the directory tree, and select Copy or Move 

However, I was suggesting a change to the way this works - by either

- Having an option to customize the shell integration to reduce the steps needed, or even the number of options (similar to WinRAR)
- Only add audio files to Now Playing when selecting the icon in next to the directory tree

Hope this helps

ashbel

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2011, 05:58:06 am »

The inclusion of a compressor or wavehammer-like plugin of the DSP Studio.  GComp works about 70% satisfactorily.  I live in an MDU and it's necessary because perceived volume cannot jump, end of, else I get complaints from the neighbours, whatever the gain is.  The technical document in the wiki states specifically that the process within MC uses peak level, but peak level is not an indicator of loudness.  Root mean square (i.e. basically the mean of the difference between the peaks and valleys in the waveform) is, so I find it fundamentally inadequate.

Ex, a typical minimal dance track ripped from vinyl you can have peak at or near 0, but its RMS is going to be around -18db to -15db as opposed to a radio show, compressed during broadcast, also, peaking at 0, that will have it around -10db or even higher.  They would be at the same peak, but the difference in RMS is going to make the radio show seem much louder.  -10db I find to be the practical "listenable" loudness, but some loudness war era things have it much higher (i.e. there's spots on that "Iggy Mix" of Iggy Pop's Raw Power that reach -4db).   

I want the operation to occur on the fly as part of the output chain, rather than changing the files themselves.  Sony's Wavehammer used to work well for this but the gui broke around MC15.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2011, 06:02:54 am »

Some features I'd like to see:

Calculate dynamic range for tracks and albums as part of the standard audio analysis.  There's been work by the Pleasurize Music Foundation to come up with a standard calculation for dynamic range.  Would be nice to have MC follow along with that if possible.

+1

I currently do this manually using their standalone tool and then add the results to MC.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2011, 06:07:03 am »

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2011, 06:19:20 am »

The ability of one playlist to expand the results of another.

Example:

Random result of smartlist one contains just two entries (track details are irrelevant)

Artist = Pink Floyd
Artist = Genesis

Now I'd like to be able to generate a second smartlist from this that shows ONLY tracks by artists found in the results of smartlist 1, eg Pink Floyd and Genesis

Currently there is no way to do this.

Of course, smartlist one could contain any number of entries - the point is that it can then be used to limit the results

The syntax might borrow from the current ~limit, eg

~playlistlimit=-1,1,[playlist],[fields]

Which specifies the limiting fields from which playlist and min, max values to use, eg:

~playlistlimit=-1,-1,[playlistid=firstplaylist],[artist] ~nodup=[Name]

Would generate a result set containing every unique named track by the artists found in the first playlist

Perhaps this syntax is actually confusing and there is a better way, but the idea remains - allow the results of one playlist to be expanded in another but limited to only the fields found in the first playlist.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 07:49:13 am »

Add a notes field to the Manage Library subsystem.  I have so many user keywords that I find it difficult to keep track of what they are for.  Notes would massively help.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:31 am »

Relational Data on custom fields...

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2011, 08:11:46 am »

Auto-Tagging when Right-Click importing via Windows Explorer 

ashbel

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2011, 12:39:44 am »

ETA's for ALL operations, especially those that interrupt playback.

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2011, 11:05:59 am »

In and Out Cue-Point Button to set them interactive instead of putting the number into playrange tag field, Chapter cue points with naming function would be nice also.

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2011, 02:05:35 am »

Very small, probably very easy add would help me greatly- Eject and Load commands in the remote control interface. I would like to use the IRMAN plugin, but because MC does not provide an eject/load function, I have to load Girder 3 just for that function. This prevents MC from using the IRMAN plugin. Sure, I can program Girder to use keyboard shortcuts to control MC, but the addition of the two commands to MC would eliminate a piece of now-obsolete software and allow direct IRMAN control. My HTPC was custom built, and has no external eject button. Thanks for your consideration.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

The ability to create custom jump links (ie like those seen next to Artist and Album and Genre)...

It should allow us to create a jump link to a specified playlist/view/smartlist/search result.  Jump list expression should allow normal smartlist syntax so we can create any custom link.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:10 am »

Allow us to specify which view MC jumps to after import instead of using the limited 'Recently Imported' playlist.

I use a workflow of 8 smartlists after import to do data tagging/corrections etc and it would be great if I could tell MC to jump directly to the first smartlist of my workflow.

cliff_g

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 03:59:12 am »

I'd really like the ability to turn on the Last.fm radio from Gizmo and route it to a zone. 

+1 on this, would love to be able to stream internet radio (Connected Media) to zones either through Gizmo or ideally exposed via WSDL so I can incorporate into my own UI.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »

I would love to be able to sync my android over wireless with MC17. Maybe just a small server app that runs on the android that MC connects to as a device.

Also still waiting on volume leveling during sync as well. Since no player I can find on android supports replaygain at the moment, which I can't understand.

+1 - wireless sync would be terrific.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up