INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File / Open Media File bug causes Media Center to hang  (Read 963 times)

JonP

File / Open Media File bug causes Media Center to hang
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:57:40 am »

Hello,

I would like to report a bug with Media Center version 16 that causes it to hang (requiring the program to be forcefully terminated via Task Manager). The bug occurs if an attempt is made to open a WAV file via the File / Open Media File menu and the file to be opened includes one or more semi colons in it's filename. If such an attempt is made, Media Center will hang and become unresponsive until terminated as described above.

I would also like to point out that if a file whose name contains a semi colon is opened via a right-click functionality in Windows (i.e right-click / Open with / Media Center, then in this instance Media Center will open and play the file without any problems. So it seems to only occur when accessed via the File / Open Media File menu.

I have not tested this bug with files other than WAV files (since I only use Media Center to play WAV files), however I am guessing the problem would occur regardless of file type and is solely dependant upon the inclusion of a semi colon in the file name.

My computer:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Core i7 865
8 GB RAM
nVidia 7800GT
ASUS Xonar ST soundcard
Auzen X-Meridian 2G soundcard
Media Center version 16.0.179
Pages: [1]   Go Up