INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Changing With Remote While Watching Another Channel  (Read 1431 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Channel Changing With Remote While Watching Another Channel
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

In Theater View if I am watching say channel 17 and want to switch to channel 18 I hit 018 on the remote. It shows "Changing to Channel 018" on the bottom of the TV screen but nothing happens. Have tried this with different channels and it never works.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Channel Changing With Remote While Watching Another Channel
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:25:42 pm »

In Theater View if I am watching say channel 17 and want to switch to channel 18 I hit 018 on the remote. It shows "Changing to Channel 018" on the bottom of the TV screen but nothing happens. Have tried this with different channels and it never works.

Rod

How are your channels named?  Is the channel number in the name?

To make sure you get to the right channel, you can assign a "channel number" to each channel.  Go to TV Options... > Edit Channel List... to do it.  On the Edit Channel List pop up window, type a Channel Number in the field for each selected channel.  Note that this "Channel Number" is conceptually different from the channel number in the traditional sense.  For cable/satellite channels out of an STB, you can definitely assign the same number as the traditional channel number though you do not have to so.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 06:12:51 pm »

How are your channels named?  Is the channel number in the name?

To make sure you get to the right channel, you can assign a "channel number" to each channel.  Go to TV Options... > Edit Channel List... to do it.  On the Edit Channel List pop up window, type a Channel Number in the field for each selected channel.  Note that this "Channel Number" is conceptually different from the channel number in the traditional sense.  For cable/satellite channels out of an STB, you can definitely assign the same number as the traditional channel number though you do not have to so.

Hi Yaobing,

Our Channels are named like 17 CNN & 201 KIRODT.

We are using this with a Cable STB. I believe that a 3 digit number has to be sent such as 017, not 17. This could be part of our issue.

You said above that for a Cable STB assigning numbers is not necessary, or did I misunderstand?

If the channels from 100 and up are okay because they are 3 digit that still leaves 99 channels to edit. Quite a bit to do.

Also it tunes fine on all channels when tuning from the Guide. I only noticed this problem when cancelling a recording and it automatically goes to another channel.That's why I wondered if it may be a timing issue.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »

Bump

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

To appear in build 28 (coming out in a few days):

6. Changed: When number keys on a remote control are used to change television channel and the original input string does not match any channel, MC removes beginning '0's from the input string and tries again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up