INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help playing Blu Ray files  (Read 1182 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Help playing Blu Ray files
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:53 pm »

I don't have a blu-ray player on my laptop, but I was able to rip a BR using anydvd on another machine.

I ripped both to folders as well as creating the ISO.
First, the folders.

As far as I gather from all the posts I've read, MC is interested in the index.bdmw file.
I've set MC as the default program for these files (although it wasn't clear if anydvd should be set as the default -- but when I tried it, nothing would happen).

I imported that index.bdmw file, and when I select Play, it merely keeps populating my Playing Now list with an entry a couple of times per second. The only way out is to close MC.

I've read that anydvd must be running (and it always is on my computer) but I'm not sure of the relation between it and MC when video files are in play. ISO's I understand - mount, anydvd sees the disc, and play. Of course, this isn't working either in MC. The same thing happens as on the screenshot.  I've changed the audio output from Direct Sound to Wasapi, not knowing why but I read it in one the BluRay threads. I'm going blind here.  I knew everything about DVDs.... now I'm completely in the dark with this new format :(

There wasn't much in the wiki that I saw about this. Does anyone know what I could try?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help playing Blu Ray files
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:49:18 pm »

What's the full version of MC?  Did you try playing back with MC on the server?

Pages: [1]   Go Up