INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fwd. request: tooltip duration in action window  (Read 1225 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
fwd. request: tooltip duration in action window
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:05:38 am »

Is there a way to make the tooltips stay on the screen until the mouse moves.  Some of my files have extensive notes, it would be nice to have them stay on screen when I hover over them.

Thanks

George

still hoping  :)
MT5FR

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: fwd. request: tooltip duration in action window
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:38:02 am »

Agreed - would like them to remain.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

locust

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:28 am »

+1

A little pin button would work wonders in the right hand corner of a tooltip,

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:20:45 am »

Indeed. In that thread, I suggested that the tool tip only wait when in the action window. I think this is an important distinction as all too often, the ones in the file list are a right royal ****! Then again, they are also very often invaluable sources of information...

Once again, as we're talking tool tips, I'll re-iterate my request for a toolbar button to toggle tooltips on and off... please :)

When hovering over things like [notes], [bios], [review], etc. in the Tag Window, you get this great tooltip that allows you to read the tag contents without actually opening the tag up.

I asked for "keep the tooltip open while the mouse is over it" a few years ago, and still think it's a good idea... for the tag window.

I don't think this would be too great for tooltips in the file list, as they are already a bit "in yer face" there.

With images and video, the tooltips are so frustrating when you don't need them, and I just put up with it, and my rising blood pressure, because the trip into options to turn them off is too tiresome, and when I'm done, I won't go back in and turn them on, then I'll be annoyed when I need the tooltip and they don't show... back into options to turn them on again, and so on...

-marko

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:36 am »

Once again, as we're talking tool tips, I'll re-iterate my request for a toolbar button to toggle tooltips on and off... please

+1. They're important when needed, but a PITA when not. This is the only sensible solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up