INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request to disable "Opening..." indicator for videos  (Read 1037 times)

mvph1

• Recent member
Request to disable "Opening..." indicator for videos
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:56 am »

Hi,
I've purchased MC16 and have a request for changing the behavior for opening video files.  From the release notes, it looks like 16.0.100 added a status indicator when a video is opened:

16.0.100 (5/31/2011)

14. Changed: When a video starts, the background only shows 'Opening...', etc. if the video takes longer than a second to start playing, making for a smoother visual transition between videos.

I'd like this to be a user configurable setting.  I've developed an interface plugin that plays a smartlist of random intro videos and trailers before the start of a movie to simulate what you'd see in the theaters.  THe plugin works, but I see the "Opening..." or "Locating..." text between each video and it looks bad when it's projected on a screen in theater view.  I've been able to hide the waiting and MC logo by monkeying with the pngs, but what I'd like is the option to disable all images and text indicators for a video playlist of 2 or more files--this should not display the movie poster either.  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Request to disable "Opening..." indicator for videos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:11 am »

Would a 3 second or 5 second timer work?

mvph1

• Recent member
Re: Request to disable "Opening..." indicator for videos
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 11:03:38 am »

Hi Jim,
No, I'd like it to be completely black if possible.  I can understand the need for the indicator, but with my use case, it's more of an annoyance.  Would be great to make it user defined to accommodate both cases.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up